- Fleet Capacity Forecast
Enabling organizations to make strategic investment and competitive intelligence decisions beyond the orderbook. Harnessing IHS’ recognised industry leading economic and trade forecasts, extensive Maritime data, combined with bespoke modelling techniques, IHS Maritime & Trade offers a unique supply and demand model for each of the 56 vessel type/vessel size combinations forecast to 2025.
- Sea-web Ports
Access comprehensive details of 14,000+ ports and terminals including a complete description of the port and all of the relevant facilities; pre-arrival and navigation details; berths and cargo; tanker berths; 4000+ plans and mooring diagrams; 26,600++ contact details of port service providers and agents; port photographs; and local weather conditions. Plus, new features bulleted below.
This module fully integrates with the Movements and Fixtures modules. Within the Port Overview you can view ships currently in or destined for a port, with links back to the Ship Overview, plus information on fixtures discharging and loading with links back to the Fixtures Overview or other ports. Option to use Bing maps to visualize the port location.
- Port information access from the map through World Map tab
- Port State Control data, showing up to 100 last inspections by the Port State Control Authorities, added to the Port navigation tree called Ships Inspected
- 6,500+ dry cargo berths and terminals details
- Sea-web Insight
Sea-web Insight with IHS Maritime Fairplay is the trusted source for maritime information around the globe. This module brings you daily breaking maritime news and insight for profitable, safe and efficient shipping. Available across web, email, digital and print. A customizable screen enables you to put the news content in any order you wish.
Content comes from the same editorial desks that create IHS Maritime Fairplay magazine, IHS Safety at Sea and IHS Dredging and Port Construction, ensuring that you have access to the most complete maritime news source available. News articles are published online as soon as they have been written and verified. They cover a full spectrum of shipping and port-related issues appealing to the entire maritime community, with particular attention to:
- Shipping markets and logistics
- Trade and commerce
- Supply chain security
- Technological solutions to commercial problems
- Comprehensive data on new ship builds 100 GT+
- Maritime safety and regulation
- Maritime civil engineering and dredging
- Port operations best practices
- Sea-web Directory
Find a supplier, update your company's database or research new markets with the Sea-web Directory module. Updated daily, it provides contact details for companies across the full spectrum of maritime industry. Learn more about Sea-web Directory Module
Access five years of uninterrupted satellite and terrestrial coverage of ship positions and port callings along the world's critical maritime trade routes.
- View historic movements, port callings, current position and last reported position
- View owner's, manager's or operator's fleet position
- Each record shows the port of call, country, arrival date and sailing date
- Search by ship name, country/port of call and dates
- Advanced search by ship type, flag, ownership and tonnages
- Direct Voyage search provides all movements within a date range, port of call, country of call and destination port
Create watch lists of ships or companies and set up email alerts to receive notification when key fields change, or use pre-defined watch lists such as OFAC SDN listed ships, ships in casualty, ships coming off fixture and ship detentions.
If taken with the Movements Module you can also watch ship positions, port arrivals and departures, updated ETAs and the passing of key global transit points.
- Ship Performance
Sea-web Ship Performance is a service created in partnership with Marine Benchmark , to perform essential analysis of key performance indicators for ships, fleets, global shipping segments and geographical trading areas. Learn how you can use Sea-web Benchmark to analyze your data and fleet.
- Credit Reports
Summary company credit reports, supplied by Ocean Intelligence Pte Ltd., linking:
- 2,700 up-to-date credit analysis summaries
- 4,500 ship owning, operating and management companies
- Enhanced Credit Reports
Reports on organizations working in the maritime trading sector, supplied by Ocean Intelligence Pte Ltd and subject to report terms and conditions, enable access and download of:
- Full company credit reports
- In-depth, accurate and timely information and analysis
- Ports Disbursements
This module provides information supplied by G-Ports and the commodities covered include alumina, bauxite, cement, clinker, coal, grains, iron ore, petcoke, scrap, sugar and sulphur. The information includes relevant port restrictions and information such as length overall, maximum beam, maximum air draught, maximum deadweight and load/discharge rates.
Note: Only subscribers with Sea-web Ports access can add the Port Disbursements module.
Search 121,000 non-serious and serious casualties to view:
- Vessel casualty history
- Casualty incident
An extensive search facility, accessing data supplied by Maritime Research, Inc., provides details on dry and wet vessels engaged in international charter markets including:
- Charter party tonnage
- Dates and commodity
- Load and discharge area and port
- Date on and off fixture
- Fixture history
Bringing together the resources of IHS Maritime & Trade and IHS Aerospace, Defense & Security and updated every working day, this online service provides you with up-to-date coverage of global events affecting the security of your ships with:
- News and events affecting port conditions linked by port, country, region and subject
- Quick reference to the risk pointers affecting each country
- Daily email updates highlighting changes to the risk evaluation information
- Distance Tables
For an additional subscription, this module provides online distance tables supplied by Veson Nautical, and offer a convenient tool to access millions of routes for voyage estimation and comparison. Routing can be edited to reflect seasonal constraints and user specific requirements. Optional functionality includes point-to-port and point-to-point distance and route retrieval.
The distance table module is available to Sea-web Ships, Ports, Insight and Directory subscribers.