Explore the content and capabilities in the IHS Expert Index Collection
Increasing engineering productivity sounds great, but how can the IHS Expert Index Collection help you meet your goals? It’s the combination of comprehensive content with unique semantic search technology that differentiates Expert Index from any other solution for technical reference.
Keyword Document Retrieval: When you know the precise document you are looking for.
Semantic Knowledge Discovery: When you are not sure of the right questions to ask. The IHS search technology acts like a ""virtual subject matter expert"" to guide you to answers and solutions.
Full-text Access Content:
- Hindawi Publishing Corporation
- IEEE GlobalSpec
- NASA Tech Briefs
- ResearchWorks at the University of Washington
Index-only Content (Separate subscription may be required to access full-text content. Contact IHS for details.)
- The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- The American Nuclear Society (ANS)
- ASM International
- The American Society of Quality (ASQ)
- ASTM International
- IEEE — The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- The International Food Information Service (IFIS)
- The Institute of Physics (IOP)
- The IUCr, International Union of Crystallography
- McGraw-Hill AccessScience
- ProjectEuclid@Duke University
- SAE International
- The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE)
- SPIE, the International Society for Optics and Photonics
- Springer for R&D
- The SpringerMaterials database
- Techniques de L’Ingenieur
- Total Materia by Key to Metals
Full-text Access Content
- IHS Technical Web Collection
- IHS Scientific Effects
Index-only IHS Content (Separate subscription may be required to access full-text content. Contact IHS for details.)
- IHS Codes & Standards Collections
- IHS Chemical
- IHS CyberRegs
- IHS ESDU
- IHS EIATRACK
- IHS Jane's
- IHS Technology Research
About 100 titles from leading technical publisher John Wiley & Sons
IHS Knowledge Collections
A comprehensive online library of authoritative engineering and technical reference content - aggregated, accessible and curated for you in one place. Providing access to the most trusted titles from the leading technical publishers, Knowledge Collections helps engineers quickly make the best decisions at each product lifecycle stage. Find technical publications from McGraw-Hill, Springer, Wiley, Industrial Press, Maney, Oxford University Press and many other trusted sources.
This content analysis and research tool allows you to quickly review large bodies of information to discover answers and knowledge. Graphical and tabular tools, including more than 70 intelligent filters, or "content lenses," perform like a "virtual subject matter expert," guiding you through content and posing questions that you might not think to ask to help you obtain highly precise answers to your queries. For example, view definitions, advantages, disadvantages, applications, materials, causes and effects, parts, functions, interactions and more related to a topic. Also allows you to index content on publicly available third-party web sites through the Research Assistant Cloud Services.
IHS Patent Solutions
The IHS Patent Collection provides full-text searchability for more than 60 million patents, with advanced search capabilities that allow users to quickly identify content that matches their query, view dynamic summaries in their native language, and view the full-text patent in its original language, in HTML or PDF.
IHS Patent Intelligence, available as an optional additional capability, leverages the same collection of 60 million patents but also provides a packaged set of analytics that enables organizations to extract competitive intelligence from the patents.
Expert Index Collections Capabilities
- Authoritative, comprehensive content: With one search, you can extract the knowledge you need from more than 75 million documents, from the sources you trust
- Answers, not Results: Next-generation search technology, working behind the scenes of an intuitive interface, lets you quickly drill down to precise answers to your queries
- Full-text search ability: If you know where to look, recover the exact document you need instantly
- Semantic understanding: The search engine understands that when you search for “reduce” you could also mean “decrease”; therefore, you don’t have to worry about matching words to uncover answers
- Faceted filtering with point-and-click research: Drill down by publisher, publication date, author and more to quickly locate the content you need
- On-demand virtual subject matter expert: When you’re unsure of the questions to ask, let our add-on Research Assistant technology do the work for you so that you get answers organized by categories and, within those categories, by concepts
- Productivity tools:
- Dynamically create, translate, share and save summaries of source documents
- Set up regular queries related to topics of ongoing interest to receive updated findings
- Link directly to the answer in the source document
- Extract source document’s bibliographic or metadata
- Bookmark content and pin it to your desktop
Get a quick introduction to IHS Engineering Workbench
The IHS Expert Index Collection is delivered on IHS Engineering Workbench. Watch the demo below to see Engineering Workbench in action and learn how the intuitive platform accelerates engineering productivity by making it easy to access a wealth of knowledge and pinpoint the answers you need to solve your technical challenges. Watch our other videos to learn more about solutions for technical knowledge management.
Industry Success Stories
Global Energy Industry Leader Drives Innovation and Competitiveness with Enhanced Engineering Library
One of the world’s largest energy companies – a Fortune 100 leader in global oil, gas and chemical markets – turned a potential business disruption into a new opportunity to drive efficiency and innovation by providing 9,000+ worldwide employees with easy access to a major catalog publication via a single online platform.Learn More About Our Customers Success
Global Engineering Leader Achieves Cost Savings and Productivity Gains with Unified Knowledge Platform
This US-based frontrunner in global engineering services simplified access to 1.6+ million industry standards and 100+ million trusted technical publications from authoritative sources by relying on a single platform. This enabled the company to reduce costs and reduce the 30% of time that engineers typically spend on R&D.Learn More About Our Customers Success
Monroe Energy Improves Operational Efficiency, Enables Delta Air Lines’ Strategy to Cut Fuel Costs $300MM per Year
As a Delta Air Lines subsidiary, this oil refinery reduced the parent company’s jet fuel costs by $300 million per year and increased the efficiency/productivity of its own 40 engineers by up to 2 hours a day – saving about $600K per year. The refinery also strengthened corporate governance by ensuring compliance with safety/environmental standards.Learn More About Our Customers Success
Follow the IHS Energy Blog
I need your help! i'm finding this book, please share this for me if you have. it's very importance with me. thank for your attention.
After an extensive lobbying effort by dune buggy and kit car owners, the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles has put a halt to revoking dune buggy titles and will launch an official working group charged with evaluating the thicket of state and federal regulations regarding assembled vehicles. As Je
I'm interested in SFC (static frequency converter). I need some advice about the company/brand who sell SFC other than ABB ? I need the SFC that has the same design as ABB PCS100 Major requirements - Modular design