- Technology - Electronic Parts
IHS Markit is committed to providing the highest-quality information and analytics possible, and we have made significant advances over the past year based, in large part, on the valuable feedback provided by our customers. The result is a fresh approach focusing on critical quality goals and resources toward high-demand parts in the industry and on parts that our customers are using.
Our datasheets are continually updated to show new information while also reflecting the latest industry changes. To this end, customers can have total assurance that they are referencing the most current component manufacturer datasheet in IHS Markit parts products at all times.
The acquisition of new part introductions from component manufacturers is the product of significant investment from our end. And because of our strong supplier relation and sourcing teams, IHS Markit now has verified that 90% of all newly introduced parts are available from supported component manufacturers in our comprehensive parts-products database.
The CAPS/4D database now provides information on over 498 million electronic, electromechanical and mechanical components, representing a 20 million increase in parts for 2016.
The database provides environmental compliance information on more than 417 million component parts, including RoHS (394 million), REACH (320 million), DRC conflict minerals (212 million) and full material disclosures (84 million).
The accuracy of parts information lies at the very heart of what we offer to customers, borne out of our highly focused resources and investments to ensure part correctness. Indeed, monthly independent audits of IHS Markit part-status correctness shows we have achieved an average of 99.4% part-status accuracy over the past five months—exceeding our stated goal this year to attain at least 99% precision.
Our customer support team for research requests regularly exceeds its resolution-rate goals, closing over 90% of requests within two to five days.
- Technology - Market Intelligence
IHS Markit is committed to providing the highest-quality information and analytics possible and we have made significant advances over the past year based, in large part, on the valuable feedback provided by our customers.
As we strive to continually bring you fresh and updated content in timely fashion, we have embarked on a number of proactive initiatives to ensure that our customers maximize their benefits.
Our new, premium intelligence services, for instance, provide highly detailed, country-level market data for smartphones, TV sets, digital signage and gaming—all current hot beds of activity and innovation.
For our research products, we have begun applying advanced data visualization, enabling users to more easily assess trends in pricing, market sizing, market share and technology adoption. We will continue to extend the application of data visualization into multiple research areas in the coming year.
To support clients in the telecom, mobile handset and semiconductor markets, detailed analysis is now available for the burgeoning telecommunications standard known as voice over LTE (VoLTE) for networks and services.
We have also enhanced our automated product notification system that informs clients of newly released reports and data. Email notifications now include Market Insights from the analysts associated with your subscriptions, and they will soon contain relevant press releases. By default, notifications arrive on a weekly basis if new information is available—but you can always manage your notification preferences at any time via our Technology portal.
We are currently updating our client product-communication processes to raise awareness of key service and product updates, and we are improving the ways in which you can contact us with questions or requests for information.
And we are happy to inform that our customer support team for research requests exceeds its resolution-rate goals, regularly closing over 90% of requests within two to five days.
- Energy: International
Energy International – Aug 2016
- At least 90% of new bidding blocks will be entered within five days of the bidding round start date. Current Status: 99.6%
- At least 90% of new contract awards resulting from a bid round will be entered within five days of the public announcement. Current Status: 85.2%
- IHS, as official well release agent for the UK, will deliver all tops data in EDIN from each quarterly UK well release within two months of the release date. Results: 137th Well Release entered within 37 days, 138th Well Release entered within 51 days, 139th Well Release entered within 30 days
- New Goal – Indonesia Datums. By the end of Q4 2016, more than 85% (38,000+) of wells in Indonesia will have a specific datum and datum qualifier
- More than 95% of Americas offshore producing fields will have an Offshore Development Technique (e.g. fixed platform, FPSO) by the end of Q4 2016. Current Status: 89.8%
- New Goal – Reservoir, Seal and Trap information and Remarks Description will be available for all plays by the end of Q2 2016. Current Status: 100% GOAL MET
- New Goal – More than 95% development wells will have a TD by the end of Q1 2017. Current Status: 86.6%
- Energy: US
Energy US – Aug 2016
Oklahoma Production Data
- Continued improvements in content capture software to improve error trapping
- A new Louisiana content capture system is going live on March 1st, 2016 with an improved Allocation Algorithm incorporating new data elements:
- Completion Date
- Well Status
- Effective Production Periods
- Completed a major initiative to compare the P2ES (Tobin) state base load files with over 3.5 million wells against the IHS PIDM tables for all 30 states delivered by P2ES resulting in major improvements in Completeness and Correctness
Oklahoma Production Data
- Improved identification of Salt Water Disposal wells across the US
- Improvements in our methodology for capturing the number of frac stages on horizontal wells
Texas Production Data
- Dedicated team of seven analysts focused solely on resolving discrepancies
Louisiana Production Data
- Improving existing allocation in Texas by using well level pending volumes
- New capture system implemented but PIDM database architecture remains the same
- Maritime & Trade
IHS Maritime & Trade continues to strive to ensure quality across the 4 Cs (Consistency, Currency, Correctness and Completeness). We continually measure our performance against our customer feedback and our goals for 2016 are allocated into the following categories:
- Ship Ownership & Management
- New Construction & Characteristics
- Ship Registrations & Classification
- Ports & Berths
- IMO Numbering Scheme
The table below highlights the target score against each of the specific goals and the monthly attainment as it stands year to date. We are committed to delivering best in class services and our data quality is of key importance.
|Category||Metric||Jan-16||Target Goal||Stretch Goal||Quality Type|
|Ship Ownership & Management||Up-to-date personnel data for beneficial owners & managers with active vessels (of more than 500gt) to be available in IHS Maritime data products by end-November 2016||51%||55%||60%||Completeness|
|Ship Registrations & Classification||The average turnaround (from receipt to completion) of major data sources for ship registration, ownership and class data to be maintained at four days or less throughout 2016||3||4||2||Currency|
|New Construction & Characteristics||To maintain the accuracy of delivery date data for new buildings at a minimum of 96%.||96.44%||96%||96%||Currency|
|New Construction & Characteristics||To maintain fuel consumption coverage for in service containerships, bulk carriers & ore carriers and tankers of over 10,000dwt to a minimum of 85%||85.39%||90%||92%||Completeness|
|New Construction & Characteristics||To improve coverage on dry docking dates for non-LR classed vessels over 10,000dwt to 55% by end-November 2016||46.85%||55%||60%||Completeness|
|IMO Numbering Scheme||To maintain our SLA agreements with regards to our management of the ship's IMO Numbering Scheme throughout 2016. IMO ship numbers: 95% within two working days||100%||100%||100%||Currency|
|IMO Numbering Scheme||To improve on our SLA agreements with regard to our management of the Company IMO Numbering Scheme throughout 2016. IMO Company Numbers: 99% within three working days||99%||99%||100%||Currency|
|Ports & Berths||To achieve a geo-tagging target of 93% for all large and medium-sized ports by-end November 2016||91%||93%||95%||Completeness|
|Ports & Berths||The updating currency of large and medium-sized ports to be undertaken within an average of 2.5 years by end-Nov 2016||3.50||2.5||2||Currency|
IHS Maritime information Quality Goals & Metrics Report for the current Quarter 2016
Ship Ownership & Management
- Companies without personnel data are being targeted by utilizing a variety of sources in line with Data Protection Laws
- Group Beneficial Owner coverage for ships over 2,500dwt continues to be a primary focus with current coverage now at over 86%
New Construction & Vessel characteristics
- Significant improvement in coverage of fuel consumption data for main engines at specific service speeds:
- Dry Cargo (Bulk Carrier, Open Hatch and Ore Carrier) coverage of above 10,000dwt (in service) now: 91%
- Tanker coverage of above 10,000dwt (in service) now: 85%
- Containership coverage for ships of above 600teu capacity (in service) now: 90%
- Further improvements in coverage of standard design data:
- Dry Cargo (Bulk Carrier, Open Hatch and Ore Carrier) coverage of above 10,000dwt fleet in service now: 79%
- Containership coverage for ships of above 600teu capacity (in service) now: 92%
- Main engine and auxiliary engine database now provides listings for 6,900 engine types (up from 2,700 at end-2014)
- New initiatives progressed in 2015 to record ships powered by alternative fuels and ‘LNG-ready’ vessels
- New supplementary features to record vessels servicing the windfarm industry
- New supplementary feature to record ships with the ability to plug in to shore side facilities (cold ironing)
- New initiatives to track main engine exhaust scrubbers
- Confirmed 201 vessels as being already fitted with a further 111 ships expected to be retrofitted in 2016
- Total bunker capacity data continues to gather pace with records having increased from 18,000 to 20,000 vessels so far
- Significant data completeness improvements for specific fields for ro-ro cargo and vehicle carrier fleet including ramp and lane meter capacity
- New initiative to record on-deck container rows for containerships of above 500teu capacities (100% coverage to be targeted)
Ship Registration & Classification
- IHS Maritime conducts the annual IMO Tonnage Assessment project on behalf of the IMO. As a consequence we have established relationships with most Flag Authorities which enables us to offer unrivalled flag data quality. During 2016 our feedback from flag authorities increased by a further 20 to expand our coverage to 125 flags
IMO Numbering Schemes
- IMO Company &/or Registered Owner requests responded to within 3 working days stated on the website, 100% of the time [Currency]
- Our SME’s have reduced the turnaround of IMO ship requests to just two days, under the five days quoted on the website [Currency]
Ports & Terminals
- Improved cross-referencing of current database against aerial imagery and port-generated data ensures accurate geo referencing of individual terminal and berth facilities
- Maintaining a continuous process of updating our oldest data ensures all ports are maintained at improved currency states
- Engineering & Product Design: Engineering Intelligence You Can Rely On
IHS Markit Engineering & Product Design is committed to providing high-quality, trusted engineering information. Based on feedback from more than 10,000 responses to our most recent Customers First surveys and through our Customer Care team, we have released a number of major content enhancements that improve engineering efficiency including new and expanded partnerships.
More than 55,000 new or revised standards were published in the last 12 months.
- 99.7% of these standards were processed and made available to our customers within 24 hours, average availability time is under 8 hours
- Engineering Workbench is the only standards platform to update every 20 minutes for near-real-time currency
- Direct indexing of technical handbooks, guides and material databases from leading publishers including Wiley, McGraw-Hill and others ensure customers have access to the latest editions and new publications
Standards metadata (document titles, numbers, ISBNs, revisions, etc.) goes through a rigorous QC/QA process, 99.8% of attributes are verified correct before publishing to users. Technical reference publications and content are indexed directly from original sources for real-time reliability.
The most comprehensive coverage of global industry standards continues to expand so that we can meet the collective needs of our 650,000+ engineering users worldwide:
- IHS Markit is the only aggregate subscription source for more than 130 SDOs, with bibliographical records for over 370 sources of standards, codes and specifications
- IHS Markit has expanded exclusive subscription rights with AWS and PIP, complementing many other SDOs available exclusively through IHS Markit including IPC, AIA/NAS, ABMA, EIA, TIA, ECA, JAA, PIA, PFI, Delphi-I and NAVISTAR
- Engineering Workbench includes more than 25,000 redline version-comparison documents for 35+ sources
- New standards and technical reference collections have recently been added for AENOR, Dunedin, Key to Metals, OPIS, National Grid, NORSOK and others
To more fully support the technical decision-making of our customers, IHS Markit continues to expand the unique collection of technical and engineering reference information:
- 10,000+ Applied Engineering Reference Books and Manuals, covering all engineering disciplines from leading publishers
- 60 Million+ patents and patent applications
- 75 million technical articles, publications, reports, design principles and best practices, and more, including millions of documents not accessible through internet search engines
- New Knowledge Bases are being added every month
All standards information is normalized for a consistent search and retrieval experience:
- Consistent metadata is created to support fast and efficient searches
- PDF files are optimized for fast web view and carry the IHS Markit-patented watermark
- Older files are OCR-ed (optical character recognition) to ensure text availability for full-text searching