This handy guide to the basic functionality of EDIN provides an essential introduction for new users – covering everything from how to log-in to how to build your own Custom Reports.
EDIN Resource Center
This area of the Energy Quality Resource Center is dedicated to providing you with access to a range of materials that are designed to help you to get the most value from your subscription to IHS data and EDIN.
Here you'll find training videos, Getting Started Guides and Quick Reference Guides that are designed to help you become familiar with the functionality of EDIN.
Within this site, you'll also find Release Notes highlighting new features and functions associated with this release. As new materials are available, we'll add them to this site.
These training videos provides a step-by-step guide to the key functionality of EDIN – a great introduction to new users.
Watch videos on the following training topics:
- New prospects module and query layer
- Home Page Custom Report Templates
- Custom Report Templates
- Mapping Data
- Saving Favourite Reports
- Standard Reports Custom Report Templates
- Browse List Custom Report Templates
- Data Search Custom Report Templates
- Exporting Spatial Data Custom Report Templates
- Sharing Reports
- Conduct Searches with Imported IDs
- EDIN & LogNet integration
- Polar Projections
These 1-2 minute short videos, by the Product Management team, provide an overview of the functionality of EDIN – use these to become aware of the different ways to access IHS energy content and make the most of your subscription to EDIN.
Watch videos on the following product features:
- Home: A quick look at the functionality accessible from the EDIN Home page.
- Data Search: This video provides an introduction to how to search for data in EDIN.
- Results Panel: Find out how the EDIN Results Panel can help to reduce the number of mouse clicks needed to perform keys tasks such as exporting spatial data.
- Browse List: See how to use the interactive Browse List to continue screening the results of your data searches & to access detailed reports.
- Sharing: Find out how you can share your report templates and saved searches to increase the productivity of your teams use of EDIN.
The workbook provided is designed to help you become familiar with how to use EDIN, and is the basis for our on-site training.
Find the answers too many of the questions that we are often asked – such as browser support, frequency of data updates etc.
Details of the latest enhancements to EDIN.
Quick Reference Guide
This series of short guides are designed to give a step-by-step how-to guide to using some of the key functionality of EDIN.
- Card 1 – Focuses on using the Data Search
- Card 2 – Exporting explained
- Card 3 – How to present information on the map
- Card 4 - How to use the dynamic query layer
Contact us via email: