The IHS ‘Balance of Trade’ is the only study to include the full market scope, every market and geography, individual mission systems, research and development, production and services. It examines changes to the landscape of the worldwide market and is based on an exhaustive dataset outlining global defense equipment export/import trends.
Using IHS Jane's Markets Forecast and IHS Jane’s Defence Budgets databases as sources, it is produced using a unique, bottom-up view of the shifting sales patterns in the forecast exports and imports of global military materiel through the analysis of over 100,000 programs and program elements.
The report offers a deep understanding of the current shapes and future directions of worldwide defense markets, with the insight it provides enabling government, military, national security and business professionals to make critical decisions with greater confidence.
Learn more about IHS Jane’s Defense Industry Solutions
The results of the most recent study were first revealed to IHS customers in March 2015, via an exclusive IHS Online Intelligence Briefing. This series of briefings provides timely analysis of key issues and topics of interest, and are complimentary to subscribers of IHS Jane's Intelligence Centres, IHS Jane's Modules and IHS Jane's Markets Forecast.
Led by IHS subject-matter experts, these sessions offer customers an opportunity to interact directly with our analysts and to gain deeper insight into critical defense, risk and security issues.
The findings presented from the latest study included the following key insights:
- Which countries are the world's leading exporters and importers of defense equipment and technology?
- Which companies are benefiting from growth and what is their market share of the global export market?
- What trending undercurrents are likely to influence international defense trade in the future?
- What are the key export markets by technology type, and what is changing?
- Which exporters are emerging, and what are their strengths and weaknesses?