Insight into future vehicle sales, powertrain and production to plan strategically and maximize opportunity
Do you need to identify new opportunities and validate portfolio management?
Access competitive dynamics for better benchmarking?
Do you need to understand the latest technology innovations?
a. 7-year Production Forecast which offers comprehensive future vehicle cycle plans, projected volumes and plant capacity utilization data for OEMs and suppliers, with monthly updates and add-on planning and analysis tools. This analysis of data for 99% of global light vehicle production and 30+ attributes is designed to help you:
- Create strategic business plans
- Target OEM/supplier entry points
- Benchmark against short-term OEM build expectations
- Assess rival products and assembly capacity
- Monitor competitors launch timings
b. 7-year independent analysis of light-vehicle demand and segment growth integrates current information with 10 years of historical data. Updated twice a quarter and can be expanded with add-on modules. The base forecast is authored by industry and economic experts located in 10 countries to help you:
- Monitor competitive product/segment trends
- Analyze customer growth
- Track technology adoption
- Understand OEM brand strength
- Gauge market share
Download Automotive LV Sales Forecast base brochure
c. 12-year commercial vehicle forecast with quarterly updates delivers business intelligence on sales and production in 75+ countries. Information on consumer demand, OEM production, market trends, segment growth and competitive dynamics helps you:
- Target new business
- Capitalize on market and segment trends
- Outrun the competition
- Plan for the future
Download Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicle Industry Forecast brochure
d. 7-year forecast with monthly updates provides both existing and projected light-vehicle transmissions data for more than 50 countries and 40 technical attributes. Our analysis of automotive market trends and technology innovation can help you:
- Evaluate your competitive portfolio
- Stay abreast of future technology developments and deployments
- Target emerging opportunities
- Adjust volume and revenue plans
- Align supplier relationships
Note: Add-on modules include: alternative propulsion and extension forecast, and driveline module
Solution suite to address entire supplier workflow- from product planning to strategy services
Do you want to master the automotive supply-chain environment?
Wondering which technologies offer the best value?
Acquire information on your competitors’ component strategies?
Taking advantage of market opportunities while balancing risk and profitability is a constant challenge for automotive suppliers; understanding OEM sourcing and technology strategies along with current competitive supplier relationships is critical to a supplier’s success. IHS Markit supports suppliers business planning and execution with local automotive market knowledge, competitor benchmarking, sourcing analysis, business-opportunity targeting and technology deep-dives. We offer a structured research and analysis framework for component and technology systems and sub-systems, so you can:
- Capture “unsourced” business
- Prioritize programs
- Increase sales efficiency and profitability
- Reduce application engineering costs
- Establish effective investment and M&A strategy
SupplierInsight offers a lens into more than a dozen vehicle component categories. Each service provides the insight you need to anticipate future demand, access competitive intelligence and stay abreast of changing dynamics. SupplierInsight services include:
- Autonomous Driving
- Services, Apps and Software (SAS)
- User Interface and Experience (UI/UX)
- Electrical/ Electronics
- Interior Comfort and Passive Safety
- Thermal Management
- OEM Strategy
- Materials and Light-weighting
- Powertrain Components and Technologies
From key trends affecting today’s business environment to forward-looking forecasts of future output, SupplierInsight provides the information you need to develop strategy for each of its services.
SupplierInsight’s landing page is the gateway to IHS Automotive’s component and technology research, thought leadership, and analysis. The home page enables you to access all services, view featured stories, scroll through a feed of the most recently added assets based on your preferences, or navigate assets by category/topic.
SupplierInsight Asset Categories:
News and analysis
Get analysis of industry news and gain our unique perspective on latest developments.
SupplierInsight maintains an ongoing list of industry events relevant to each service.
Access regional supplier and sectorial reports that provide statistics, forecasts, and trend analysis, all fueled by IHS Markit component and technology analysts thought leadership.
Component and technology forecasts
Identify specific new business opportunities through a six-year forecast calendar of new programs, analyze technology deployment on a program level and monitor OEM sourcing strategies for specific components.
Supplier profiles and directory
Access key information on suppliers current business as well as a list of current contracts gathered through proprietary surveys of the supply base. More than 1,000 supplier profiles are available globally.
Will your fleet be compliant? Are you willing to pay noncompliant penalties or carbon credits?
IHS Markit, in partnership with Novation Analytics, has developed a one-of-a-kind solution to help you balance emissions and fuel economy with performance, utility and compliance. Our Vehicle Performance and Compliance Monitor (VPaC) will help you:
- Determine CO2 and fuel efficiency for competitors future vehicles
- Understand the tradeoffs between the costs of new technologies and the resulting vehicle performance
- Assess the tradeoffs between government compliance fees versus potential sales
- Determine the cost/benefit business case for your technology versus other viable options
Download / View
Download Vehicle Performance and Compliance Monitor (VPaC) brochure
Need to adjust car parts research to OEM globalization?
Need to validate business planning with current and future VIO?
Manage inventory and investment decisions?
IHS Automotive Aftermarket Solutions:
a. Worldview: An online resource that links auto aftermarket parts data on vehicles across global markets, helping replacement part manufacturers, retailers, wholesale distributors and OEMs:
- Inform manufacturing, ordering and stocking decisions
- Understand worldwide aftermarket car parts potential
- Guide product planning
- Manage inventory and cataloging
- Track aftermarket auto part demand trends
Get Worldview Brochure
View IHS Automotive Worldview Clip
IHS Automotive Worldview
b. 5-year forecast of US Vehicles in Operation (VIO), which supports aftermarket professionals with comprehensive VIN-based data on vehicles currently on the road and those set to launch within four years, helping you:
- Inform production decisions
- Understand parts potential before vehicle launch
- Predict future parts demand and market timing
- Plan market entrance and exit
- Gauge scrap rates for specific makes and models