IHS BOM Manager
BOM Manager monitors components in your bill of materials for availability, obsolescence, compliance and counterfeit risks.
IHS BOM Manager is a product information management tool that enables companies to effectively oversee component and supplier risks.
BOM Manager provides a strategic approach to product management by actively monitoring and notifying you of impending changes to critical components or suppliers.
With BOM Manager you can establish best practices for avoiding obsolescence and compliance risks and sourcing issues with an enterprise view of suppliers, components and product configurations.
BOM Manager compares your parts data with information contained within the IHS Electronics Database, an up-to-date database of more than 100 million electronic, electro-mechanical and fasteners parts from over 1300 worldwide manufacturers (with 500+ regularly updated and current).
BOM Manager provides:
- Timely alerts to impending sourcing issues
- Environmental compliance status and substance attributes
- Component life cycle and years to end of life forecasts
- Cross-references to alternate parts and suppliers
- Validate accuracy and currency of supplier names and part numbers
- Evaluate product configurations across the enterprise to eliminate redundant parts and suppliers
- Identify obsolescence and counterfeit risks as early as possible to avoid production interruptions
- Adhere to environmental regulations
- Automate analysis and resolution processes