Cultural Dataset (International)
The IHS Cultural Dataset is a component of the IHS International Exploration and Production Database. Our Cultural Dataset module provides multiple layers of geographic data for high-quality mapping, viewing and GIS analysis. Our GIS specialists systematically research, capture and update spatial features relevant to the energy industry.
The Cultural Dataset module is a component of the comprehensive IHS Exploration and Production Database. This geographical data provides the foundation for hundreds of thousands of high-quality maps, distributed annually to the petroleum industry. This data appears as basemaps for all our internal viewers and applications (Edin, Enerdeq and Spatial layers) and also used for spatial validation.
This worldwide vector database provides points, lines and polygon layers with major attributes including the following features:
- Geography (Coastline, Islands, Rivers, Lakes, Cities, Onshore International Boundaries)
- Provinces / Administrative Subdivisions
- Licensing Grids
- Offshore International boundaries and Offshore Limits
Industry explorationists and new venture and corporate planning groups use this information to:
- Review and evaluate true hydrocarbon prospectivity in a basin
- Assess the risk of exploration play
- Analyze the potential for new accumulations or possible farm-in opportunities