IHS Fairplay Safety and Environmental Handbook
IHS Fairplay Safety and Environmental Handbook provides nearly 500 pages of best safety and environmental practices to help officers and crew comply with the International Safety Management (ISM) code. The subscription includes a CD-ROM with numerous downloadable forms and checklists.
IHS Fairplay Safety and Environmental Handbook is an extensive, easy-to-use guide designed to help officers and crew comply with the International Safety Management (ISM) code. Due to reduced manning levels and standards of training as well as increased intercommunication difficulties among crew members from various countries, onboard safety issues have risen in recent years. This handbook offers nearly 500 pages of practical guidance, covering virtually every aspect of safety, from equipment to contingency plans. One section includes the development of a ship-specific ISPS manual, with a working example. Security officers will be able to refer to the handbook when writing their own manual, as required by the ISPS Code.
IHS Fairplay Safety and Environmental Handbook key features include:
- Simple explanations of the ISM Code
- Nearly 500 pages of safety and environmental best practices
- Easy-to-use format, organized into 15 distinct categories
- CD-ROM with downloadable checklists and forms
- Advice for developing a ship-specific ISPS manual
Who uses the service? How?
- Human Resource Professionals
- Ship Officers
- Safety Managers
To write, comply and maintain ISM vessel safety and environmental standards
IHS Fairplay Safety and Environmental Handbook enables you to:
- Comply with ISM and ISPS Codes
- Institute best practices in safety and environmental procedures in a cost-effective manner