The IHS Environmental Collection contains standards from multiple standards developing organizations (SDO)
IHS has combined a collection of global standards that are designed to specify, test, measure and manage issues that can affect environmental standards and quality. These include such standards as maintenance and quality assurance at nuclear facilities, requirements for liquid storage and piping, specifications for underground and overhead wiring, fire prevention and planning for buildings, installations, smoke measurement, prevention of leaks of flammable and hazardous materials, disaster prevention and planning and more.
Standards in this collection come from such standards organizations as:
- AGA - American Gas Association
- AHRI - Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute
- ANS - American Nuclear Society
- ANSI - American National Standards Institute
- API- American Petroleum Institute
- ASA- Acoustical Society of America
- ASHRAE - American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air conditioning Engineers, Inc.
- ASME - ASME International
- ASQ-American Society for Quality
- ASTM - ASTM International
- CGA - CGA/GAS - Compressed Gas Association; Inc.
- CSA/AM - CSA America, Inc.
- GPA - Gas Processors Association
- IEEE - The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.
- ISO - International Organization for Standardization
- NACE - NACE international
- NEMA - National Electrical Manufacturers Assoc.
- NFPA - National Fire Protection Assoc.
- UL - Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
- ULC - Underwriters Laboratories of Canada
The Environmental Collection includes standards referenced within the Code of Federal Regulations; Title 40 Protection of Environment