What’s Behind Rising Gasoline Prices?
By Daniel Yergin
Rising Gasoline Prices: The Market Weighs the Risk
Global oil prices and US gasoline prices have both risen about 20% since mid-December. In this Opinion column, published March 16, 2012, in the The Wall Street Journal, Daniel Yergin, IHS CERA Chairman, looks at the politics and economics driving the upward trend. Unlike in 2008, when prices rose with the surge in oil consumption in emerging markets, disruptions, and a belief that the world was running short of oil (the so...
- LPG Market Outlook – January 2013
- European Energy Scenarios: Key Drivers Report
- CERAView Weekly Market Briefing: 14 June 2013
- Capital Costs Analysis Forum—Downstream: First Quarter 2013 Market Update
- Investors’ Energy Weekly Market Briefing: 14 June 2013
- Latin America Crude Oil Market Short Term Outlook, June 2013
- IHS Upstream Spend Report: Global Upstream Oil and Gas Industry Spending (Historical and Outlook), First Quarter 2013
- MENA in 2013: Too big to fail? Key highlights from IHS CERAWeek 2013 on the Middle East and North Africa
- Prudent Oil and Gas Development and the Evolution of US Regulations
- CERAView Weekly Market Briefing: 24 May 2013