Worldwide Sedimentary Basins Map
The IHS Worldwide Sedimentary Basins Map is part of the IHS Basin Dataset. The updated 2007 IHS Worldwide Sedimentary Basins Map is a full-colour, laminated, wall-display map presented at a scale of 1:20,000,000. Since 1986, this map has been an essential reference tool for geologists and industry analysts across the globe.
The IHS Worldwide Sedimentary Basins Map has been upheld as a valuable reference and teaching tool for exploration and production customers and university educators around the world since it was first introduced in 1986. In 2007, IHS published a third edition.
The map is available to IHS Exploration and Production Database subscribers as part of that database’s Basin Dataset module.
The updated 2007 version of the Worldwide Sedimentary Basins Map is available, printed using high-resolution technology.
2007 Updated Content
The 2007 Worldwide Sedimentary Basins Map incorporates significant improvements in both data precision and reference points. Updates include:
- A comprehensive revision of basin outlines, including enhancements of the basin limits in the Western U.S. Basin names and data are exported directly from the IHS Basin database.
- Detailed cultural layers, taken from IHS international cartographic databases.
- Precise topographic/bathymetric background as provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- An extensive roster of basin names listed on the map for easier reference
- Outlines and labels of major oceanic-tectonic features, such as transform faults, mid-oceanic ridges and subduction zones.
Europe & Middle East
+44 (0) 1344 328 155
China & Taiwan:
+86 10 65052966
813 5791 9661
All other countries:
+65 6576 5334
+1 888 738-7265 opt 1
+1 918 971-7071 opt 1
For answers to your
questions or for