Ford publishes standards for use by original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and other Ford vendors.
The Ford Motor Company publishes standards in the following volumes:
- Engineering Material Specifications and Laboratory Test Methods
- Approved Source List Collection
- Global Manufacturing Standards
- Non-Production Material Specifications
- Engineering Material Specs & Lab Test Methods Handbook.
OEMs and vendors use these standards in order to comply with Ford’s manufacturing processes.
Ford standards are available in many different sections to best fit your needs. The sections contain information such as:
- ASL chemicals/petroleum products (Vols 3 and 4)
- Chemicals/petroleum products (Vols 3, 4)
- Non-metallics (Vols 10, 11, 12)
- Non-production material specifications
- Performance specifications (Vols 18, 19)
- Physical test methods (Vols 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Textiles/leather/paper (Vols 8, 9, 13, 14)
- Worldwide fastener standards