Renewable Commodity Plastics
Customer demand for green products is a major catalyst driving the global renewable commodity plastics market. Find out about the important technology and commercial issues that will affect the future of this market in our special report, IHS Chemical Renewable Commodity Plastics - Mapping a Sustainable Market.
Renewable (green) chemicals and renewable energy form the core of the evolving carbon economy. The growth of both sectors depends largely on domestic security, environmental concerns, market pressures and government policies. While energy security concerns drive the renewable energy sector, consumer issues—rather than security of supply—tend to fuel the renewable chemicals market.
Renewable Commodity Plastics - Mapping a Sustainable Market examines the key technological and commercial drivers behind the renewable commodity plastics market. The report focuses on commodity plastics with potential customer-driven niche applications as well as conventional, high-volume uses from toys to automobiles.
- Market drivers
- Market size, future markets and demand outlook
- Entry barriers
- Production technologies, costs and impact on future demand growth
- Commercial and government policies
- Corporate sustainability initiatives and drivers
- Global demand forecast in several world regions to 2015 and 2020 for both commodity polymers and their renewable counterparts:
- High density and linear low density polyethylene
- Polyester fibers
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle resin