The Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
More than 30 technical documents for the construction industry focusing on structural engineering are available from IStructE.
The Institution of Structural Engineers prepares technical reports that provide essential construction information for structural engineers.
Founded in 1908, The Institution now has more than 25,000 members in over 100 countries. Its aim is to promote excellence in structural engineering, and its members are recognised as leaders for their technical and professional expertise.
The Institution develops critical publications, such as:
- Standard method of detailing structural concrete
- Design recommendations for multi-storey and underground car parks
- Appraisal of existing structures
- Manual for the design of plain masonry in building structures
- Design and construction of deep basements including cut-and-cover structures