US Department of Defense Directives (DODD)
More than 1,300 DoD Directives, covering policy, programs, missions and responsibilities.
The U.S. Department of Defense Directives (DoDD) establishes policy, assign responsibilities, and delegate authority to those working in and with the military.
These broad policy documents contain information or requirements for what is directed by legislation, the President, or the Secretary of Defense to initiate, govern, or regulate actions or conduct by the DoD components within their specific areas of responsibilities. Directives establish or describe policy, programs, and organizations. They also define missions, provide authority and assign responsibilities.
This collection of DoDD provides both active and cancelled or superseded full-text directives. Online access to this collection simplifies the storage and updating associated with U.S. Department of Defense compliance.
IHS allows you to:
- Locate documents by document number, keywords or phrase
- Automatically identify documents referenced in or applicable to a directive or instruction.
- All documents viewable in PDF format with the Adobe Acrobat Reader
DoD Directives collection contains more than 1300 documents and includes information pertaining to:
- 1000 - Manpower, reserve affairs and personnel
- 2000 - International programs
- 3000 - Planning, research and development, intelligence and computer technology
- 4000 - Logistics, acquisition and resources management
- 5000 - General administration
- 6000 - Safety, health and medical
- 7000 - Comptrollership
- 8000 - Communications and intelligence