IHS CAPS+4D Enterprise Solution
The IHS CAPS+4D Enterprise Solution is a web-based portal providing comprehensive BOM and product reporting functionality. It is the essential tool to build, analyze and optimize Bills of Materials (BOMs), Approved Vendor Lists (APLs) and Corporate Parts Lists (CPLs).
The CAPS+4D Enterprise Solution provides enterprise-wide access to a comprehensive database that can be merged with company data. As a result, design and component engineering, supply chain and procurement, manufacturing and quality assurance departments can collaborate effectively on component selection, managing Bills of Materials (BOMs) and lifecycle management.
The CAPS+4D Enterprise Solution helps companies:
- Achieve consistency in part numbers
- Maximize reuse of components across products or different design teams
- Optimize the number of vendors used for different parts
CAPS+4D Enterprise Solution includes the following features:
- Search component manufacturer web sites
- Integration with 3rd party applications, such as Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) programs
- Error-tolerant search
- Keyword search
- Search corporate AVLs and CPLs
- One click request to submit new parts requests
- Export CPL in a format easily uploadable to ERP and PLM systems
- Vault reports – customizable reporting
- BOM Explorer – upload a parts list or BOM
Who Uses the CAPS+4D Enterprise Solution:
- Design and component engineering
- Supply chain and procurement professionals
- Quality assurance
The CAPS+4D Enterprise Solution tool’s extensive component data and BOM management features are for all users within a single company. The tool is also accessible to anyone in the company via a web browser.
CAPS+4D Enterprise Solution Alerts
In addition, CAPS+4D Enterprise Solution issues automatic email alerts when any of your components have a change of product change notification (PCN), end of life (EOL), last order date, last shipment date or manufacturer status of any captured parametric field. Users have the option of customizing which alert they receive.