Valtus Ortho Imagery (Canada)
Valtus Ortho Imagery (Canada) provides high resolution ortho-rectified photographs that depict the earth’s surface at a resolution of 0.4-1.0 meters for the Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan provinces.
Valtus Ortho Imagery provides high resolution ortho-rectified photographs to allow users to see pipeline right of ways, roads, muskeg, lakes, streams and other surface features across the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin. In addition, subscribers can overlay multiple public and proprietary datasets such as wells, pipelines, and seismic outlines to get a more detailed understanding of a particular area of interest.
Ortho Images give a true representation of the earth's surface at a resolution of 0.4 meters – 1.0 meters, with scalable images and uniform scale so users can accurately measure and print standard-to-large format maps. These photographs are true color ortho-rectified images that offer a detailed topographic understanding of any area of interest. Unlike other imagery providers, Valtus directly serves the needs of the oil and gas industry by acquiring imagery in remote areas and continually expanding its coverage based on drilling activity.
IHS provides access to the Valtus Ortho Photos Image dataset through IHS applications including IHS AccuMap®, IHS Enerdeq® Desktop, and PETRA® as well as all industry applications that support OGC WMS data delivery.
Who uses Valtus Ortho Imagery? How?
- GIS Operators
- Mapping Technicians
- Access and route information for drilling and infrastructure
- Visualizing surface features and encumbrances
- Spotting well locations
- Right-of-way planning and monitoring
- Defense and security mapping
- Health and Safety requirements including disaster management and prevention
- Seismic program layout
With Valtus Ortho Imagery, you can:
- Eliminate the overhead work related to sourcing, compiling, and disseminating surface imagery
- Upload your proprietary imagery data and have it maintained and delivered as part of the product offering via the vault service
- Benefit from an imagery service that is fully clustered and mirrored, offers multiple redundant systems and certified firewalls, offers Existing Data Inventory and License Review, Internal and External User Census and full access administration tools
- Easily incorporate high-resolution, true color, photographic images into your E&P workflow to get a real-world view of the field directly from your desktop
- Obtain more accurate measurements directly from a map as the images are all rectified to the terrain surface model (DEM), allotting for the earth's curvature
- Gain insights into play development, health and safety requirements and infrastructure issues
Europe & Middle East
+44 (0) 1344 328 155
China & Taiwan:
+86 10 65052966
813 5791 9661
All other countries:
+65 6576 5334
+1 888 738-7265 opt 1
+1 918 971-7071 opt 1
For answers to your
questions or for