IHS Global Coal Deposits Database
The Coal Deposit database is a global a database of coal deposits with relevant data about geology, coal characteristics and gas content. The database provides a single source of 2,700 deposits with more than 12,000 samples, with locations and outlines in GIS and attributes in PDF Format.
How do you identify the best opportunities for unconventional resources when key information about coal characteristics and quality is absent?
IHS Global Coal Deposits Database was developed to making it simple to compare coal deposits and uncover the best opportunity for further exploration and coal gas production. Information is stored in consistent and coherent data framework using MS Access software and linked to coal deposit outlines that can be mapped in a GIS (Geographic Information System). The interactive GIS maps combined with a comprehensive database and easy to read PDF reports provide critical information for unconventional gas exploration and mining.
- All pertinent information on the geology and coal characteristics is standardized and in one data format which allows comparison between specific parameters on a global scale
- Data can be imported into client project databases adding additional value to client.
- Outlines of the coal deposits can be analyzed in third-party GIS applications like ArcGIS or Google Earth and easily incorporated in proprietary projects
- Information can also be analyzed from easy-to-read PDF reports generated from the database.
- IHS McCloskey products provide information on coal markets, trading and pricing and is complementary to the specific geological and coal characteristics data in the Coal database
Who uses the database Question to be answered How does database answer the question?
Strategic Planning for unconventional resources
Where do I find new opportunities for coal-bed gas?
By comparing different worldwide coal deposits, a balanced selection of potential coal-bed gas sites can be made for further exploration and contract negotiation.
Explorationist for unconventional resources
Where do I find the right exploration targets for coal-bed gas with required gas content for future production?
Comparing the details on coal characteristics and gas content between various areas allows selection of coal-bed gas sites with high potential for further exploration.
How do I identify new sources of coal for mining?
The Coal deposit database provides you with the ability to identify coal deposits that have not been mined or were closed in the past but could offer opportunities by employing new mining technology.
Europe & Middle East
+44 (0) 1344 328 155
China & Taiwan:
+86 10 6533 4567
813 5791 9661
All other countries:
+65 6439 6000
+1 888 738-7265 opt 1
+1 918 971-7071 opt 1
For answers to your
questions or for