Redefining the Use of Well LogsBy Chris Elmquist and Brian Johnson
How many hours does your company spend managing logs each week?
How would you like to have all of your gamma ray naming iterations rolled into only one name?
You may not realize it, but managing well log information can actually prevent you from focusing on your E&P work because you have to spend so much time looking for and quality-assuring data before the analysis can start. By combining the well logs management system IHS LOGarc™ with IHS Petra ®, IHS is helping eliminate data management issues so that customers can instead concentrate on the primary task of exploring for hydrocarbons.
LOGarc and Petra Integration Benefits
- Enables users to find the exact information they are looking for by being able to clean up log naming conventions
- Eliminates duplicate log purchases, saving money
- Lets users store all logs in a central location and consolidate log data from multiple locations
- Saves primary and back-up disk space-one customer reduced its stored data by 1.6 terabytes, saving $100,000 a year in data management costs
- Eliminates much of the time spent loading and updating projects
- Minimizes the work needed to normalize and edit data used in projects
- Can assist in the development and use of corporate standards for well logs data
With LOGarc and Petra, users are better able to manage, retrieve, integrate and visualize their public and proprietary well log and well-related information and turn it into actionable information. The integrated products simplify and streamline workflows associated with geologic interpretation, production and reservoir analysis, infill drilling, and project and data management. The direct connection to IHS critical information offered by the integration ensures users are using the right information, the first time, resulting in faster evaluation and more efficient decision making.
Learn More: View the Free Webinar
To learn more about this integrated solution, please view our new on-demand webinar, "Redefining the Use of Well Logs."
To learn more, please contact us.
Chris Elmquist is director of global log delivery and data management products.
Brian Johnson is a technical sales executive at IHS.