IHS Major Industrial Plant Database - MIPD® (US)
Target the U.S. market, identify and map prospects using this detailed energy database. MIPD is a virtual goldmine of prospect data, giving you the power to segment your market by location, industry, energy use or by a combination of factors.
MIPD is an indispensable resource for anyone involved in energy services or energy sector product marketing. With 86 different data elements for each plant, you have everything you need to build highly targeted energy marketing and sales initiatives directed at the most promising prospects.
Tap into a wealth of data and perform more precise targeting with using the 86 data elements available including:
- Plant name, location and address
- Plant manager name, phone and fax
- What the plant produces
- SIC/NAIC code and name, and number of employees
- Hours of production, capacity utilization and dollar value of shipments
- Electric utility, use, demand and price
- Plant cogeneration percentage
- Gas utility and usage
- Breakdown of all fuel usage by type: boiler, furnace or feedstock
- Steam demand, pressure and temperature
- Number and rating of boilers, including primary and secondary fuels
- Directly connected pipelines, as well as pipelines within 20 miles of a plant
- Plant latitude and longitude
Who uses MIPD?
Power and gas marketers
- Identify potential electric and gas sales by industry, region, service territories or parent company.
- Develop sales leads to support field sales and direct marketing efforts.
- Find new profit sources by assessing the potential for fuel switching by facilities within a market area.
Electric and gas utilities
- Create more effective relocation campaigns by targeting commercial facilities outside a service area.
- Enhance customer profiles by combining internal data and energy information.
- Discover potential opportunities for product sales to commercial markets.
- Generate leads to boost field sales and direct marketing efforts.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your distribution network by comparing actual sales to potential sales for a specific area.
Independent power producers/co-generators
- Assess the potential for cogeneration by market segment and location.
- Find potential cogeneration steam hosts.
Major Industrial Plant Database enables you to:
- Simplify national energy marketing campaigns by identifying facilities owned by a common parent.
- Analyze prospects' credit worthiness by utilizing the Dun's number.
- Create highly accurate maps using the latitude and longitude coordinate on each facility in a Geographic Information System (GIS).
Europe & Middle East
+44 (0) 1344 328 155
China & Taiwan:
+86 10 65052966
813 5791 9661
All other countries:
+65 6576 5334
+1 888 738-7265 opt 1
+1 918 971-7071 opt 1
For answers to your
questions or for