DPA Handbook - New for 2012
A brand new publication, this is a practical guide to the role and responsibilities of the Designated Person Ashore (DPA), under the International Safety Management (ISM) Code.
The DPA Handbook is an essential reference for the safe management of the Company's ships, the communication between ships and shore and the support given to the shipmasters and crews to enable them to do their jobs properly.
It includes many practical case studies and check lists and also features:
- Hints and tips
- A breakdown of the role of the DPA
- A plain English version of the ISM
- The due diligence definition for DPAs
- The importance of Port State Control to DPAs
- The vital role of internal audits
The book, published in association with Regs4ships, will be of value to both experienced and newly appointed DPAs and others at management level.