Plan a port call with ease anywhere in the world with up-to-date news and analysis of global port security, in addition to detailed data on over 14,000 ports and 26,600 port service providers.
Ports play a vital role in world trade with over 90% of all commodities transported by sea and the number of ports and terminals ever increasing. IHS Maritme port-based products and services, both online and printed, cover over 14,000 ports and terminals.
The data is provided to us by port authorities, ports operators, port agents, correspondents, and associations, resulting in contact addresses for more than 26,600 institutions involved in port operations.
To help clients comply with ISPS Code, we have joined with IHS Aerospace, Defence & Security to offer Sea-web™ Security, providing critical insights into the security conditions at more than 6,000 ports worldwide.
Who uses IHS Maritime & Trade Port Information:
- Shipowners, Operators, Managers
- Charterers, Brokers
- Marine Insurance Firms
- Port and Flag State and Administrations
- Shipping Company Security Officer
What IHS Maritime & Trade Port Information can do:
- Provide access to 24-hour information (restrictions, berth dimensions, cargo handled, and discharge facilities) when planning a port call
- Identify port service providers by business type and contact them in advance of port entry
- Comply with ISPS Code and quickly evaluate any potential risks to a vessel or cargo
IHS Maritime & Trade Port Information enables you to:
- Obtain the most recent information, 24 hours a day, on port news and developments for planning a port call
- Evaluate security threats to vessels, employees, passengers, and cargo
- Comply with ISPS code regulations
- Factor potential security risks into insurance, banking, and investment policies
- Find specific services at worldwide ports
- Conduct market and competitor research
- Receive data directly from a validated source: IHS Maritime & Trade is the sole global issuing body of the IMO Ship, Company and Registered Owner numbering system
- Gain a competitive advantage by using the most accurate, current, and comprehensive data available