Jane's Defence: Sea
IHS Jane's Defence: Sea delivers the most extensive and reliable open-source intelligence available on the world's maritime platforms, weapons and systems.
The Jane's Defence: Sea module integrates content from across IHS to deliver comprehensive insight, information and intelligence on worldwide naval and maritime defense equipment and technology. Covering development, production and in-service platforms, weapons and systems, including content from the world-renowned IHS Jane's Fighting Ships, it provides military and security organizations with trusted independent insight into global maritime capabilities, inventories and technologies, and provides businesses with data and information to support worldwide marketing, strategy and business development activities.
Who uses Jane's Defence: Sea? How?
- Identify existing and future sales opportunities for naval and coast guard platforms, systems and weapons
- Monitor emerging maritime capability requirements
- Nurture long-term customer and partner relationships
- Forecast future maritime defense market shape
- Identify future offensive and defensive maritime capability requirements
- Direct long-term maritime product development
Market researchers and analysts
- Carry out future maritime defense market sizing and scoping
- Conduct competitor analysis
Engineers and technical leads
- Carry out maritime technology analysis
- Conduct technology benchmarking
- Assess current, emerging and future seaborne defensive and offensive capabilities
- Refine existing maritime threat scenarios
- Develop emerging and future maritime threat scenarios
- Conduct maritime scenario modeling
- Identify and retrieve information on naval platforms quickly and reliably
- Supplement naval ship identification training programs