SAE International develops technical information used in all areas of motorized transport and related fields worldwide.
The standards, technical papers and journals published by SAE International formerly known as the Society of Automotive Engineers, are used daily by engineers, R&D, manufacturers, QA/QC, maintenance and testing personnel in the automotive, aerospace, off-highway, government and engineering academia fields.
Topics covered by SAE International:
SAE standards contain detailed production and interoperability guidelines; clarify legal and regulatory grey areas; condense product development cycles; ensure consistency and high quality in manufacturing; and lead the way to maximum performance.
SAE technical papers and new journals present leading edge engineering, R&D and technology developments from events hosted around the globe, covering the latest developments from the world’s leaders in self-propelled vehicles. These peer-reviewed articles provide in-depth information that is supported by test data and validated simulation for real-world applications of technology.
IHS is the most comprehensive source for obtaining SAE’s critical technical information. Only IHS can provide immediate internet access to SAE standards in PDF along with other industry standards from a single platform.
IHS has the flexibility to deliver any configuration of SAE technical information you require – from individual documents for a two-person sales office to enterprise-wide standards collections or any combination in between.
- IHS Standards Expert™ – the online standards solution offering customer defined collections, predefined sets or individual document purchases
- SAE Digital Library – a comprehensive online delivery system for technical papers and other SAE documents
- SAE Journals – online access to scholarly SAE publications
- Intranet - IHS Intra/Spex - “behind the firewall” solution for companies with no/restricted internet access
- DVD - index and documents on DVD
- Integration - various options, including XML feeds and web services
- Specialized delivery – customized distribution systems, allowing users to find, manage and share standards data