Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM)
Standards for managing documents, content, records and business processes from the AIIM.
The Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM) publishes standards that apply to enterprise content management (ECM), recommended practices, technical reports and industry specifications to support interoperability, interchangeability and the global enterprise.
The scope of work undertaken by AIIM's standards committees is the standardization of terminology, definitions, sizes, formats, quality, methods of measurement, apparatuses and procedures for the production, use, and storage and retrieval of structured and unstructured content (documents) and related source data and processes related to enterprise content management.
Professionals working in the following areas use AIIM standards:
- Enterprise content management (ECM)
- Electronic records management (ERM)
- Business process management (BPM)
- Information organization and access (IOA/Search) Email management (EMM)
- Enterprise 2.0 (E20)
The AIIM collection contains standards and documents covering topics such as:
- Micrographic technology
- Evidentiary issues
- Electronic imaging
- Document management
- Storage technologies
- Electronic Records Management/Electronic Document Management (EDRM)
- Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Promotes interchangeability and quality control of products
- Eliminates misunderstandings or confusion between manufacturers and users
- Benefits the public health, safety, and welfare
- Facilitates domestic and international trade, communication and understanding