Technical codes and standards for the design, development and maintenance of utility operations.
The Utility Standards Collection is a unique collection of publications from over 15 standards developing organizations (SDOs) that include bulletins, codes, guides, manuals, recommended practices, specifications and standards that are predominantly used within the utilities industry.
Publications cover electrical systems, pressure vessels, piping, valves, pumps, generators, water treatment, lighting, coatings, welding, material properties, mechanical performance and test methods.
IHS experts review the collection twice annually to ensure industry-targeted standards are included in the package, and documents of very low usage are removed.
Publications are included from the following SDOs:
- ACI - American Concrete Institute
- AGA - American Gas Association
- ANS - American Nuclear Society
- API - American Petroleum Institute
- ASCE - American Society of Civil Engineers
- ASHRAE - American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- ASTM International
- AWS - American Welding Society
- AWWA - American Water Works Association
- CTI - Cooling Technology Institute
- ICEA - Insulated Cable Engineers Association
- IEEE - Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.
- IESNA - Illuminating Engineering Society of North America
- ISA - International Society of Automation
- MSS - Manufacturers Standardization Society of the Valve and Fittings Industry
- NACE - National Association of Corrosion Engineers
- NEMA - National Electrical Manufacturers Association
- NFPA - National Fire Protection Association
- UL - Underwriters Laboratories