Commerce & Transport Industry Analysis
From determining how to boost your exports in specific markets, to pinpointing the most economic method for shipping them, our Global Commerce & Transport practice provides the resources you need for making informed decisions. We house the industry's largest datasets on commercial freight traffic.
The IHS Global Insight Global Commerce & Transport practice monitors the complex flow of goods and services around the world. We build and maintain proprietary databases that provide detailed trade information for Origin and Destination pairs, mode of transportation, and specific commodities moving between the pairs.
In addition to our databases, we offer a complete suite of consulting capabilities that can answer specific questions about international trade and the transportation industry.
Clients in both the public and private sectors, and from a plethora of industries, rely on our data and industry experts to:
- Develop strategic plans
- Determine the impact of policy changes on infrastructure
- Size and benchmark markets
- Allocate sales, marketing, and fleet resources
- Determine the types and number of commodities moving on US roads
- Identify point of origin and destination for commodities
- Pinpoint those ports that need to expand to meet growing trade
- Choose the optimal region for sourcing materials