IHS Upstream Spend Report
The IHS Upstream Spend Report—bringing together analysis from across the IHS organization to provide the most comprehensive view available of spending trends within the oil and gas industry.
Every day, stakeholders across the upstream value chain have to make crucial investment decisions in an uncertain and ever-changing market environment. In response to this challenge, we are pleased to offer the IHS Upstream Spend Report—bringing together analysis from across the IHS organization to provide the most comprehensive view available of spending trends within the oil and gas industry.
A user-friendly source of vital spending data on new construction projects worldwide. Providing a bottom-up, project-based outlook on oil and gas industry spending.
The IHS Upstream Spend Report provides critical, need-to-know information on how much is being spent in a variety of categories.
Delivered quarterly, each report builds understanding of demand and of global, regional, and sector spending for category-level goods and services. This gives the strategy planner and project-based personnel the tools to assess activity levels in their respective areas and to map the way forward.
The IHS Upstream Spend Report delivers a historical overview and an outlook for capital and operating expenditures. The five-year projection is built on a project-by-project basis that leverages the IHS CERA Capital Costs and Operating Costs Analysis Forums’ and the Market Survey System’s quantitative analysis of service category demand across the oil and gas industry.
Who Uses the Product/Service:
Who uses the service? How?
Strategic Planners for oil and gas companies
Provides an understanding of how changes in industry demand affect project costs. Each quarterly report provides ongoing assessment of the health of a segment or region. Companies can assess their competitive environment and whether purchasing power resides with the buyer or the seller.
Service company strategy or category manager
Ascertain the demand for a particular business in a specific region in your company’s market segment. The category level details within the quarterly reports enable suppliers to determine potential order volume and how to price goods and services.
To understand investment opportunities.
Engineering companies, equipment suppliers, well service companies, steel and metals providers
Know where the money is going to be spent over the next five years, is the industry expanding or contracting and by how much.
What the Product can do:
How can you gain competitive advantage in a volatile cost and procurement market? Now there’s a single, user-friendly source of vital spending data on new construction projects worldwide. The IHS Upstream Spend Report provides critical, need-to-know information on how much is being spent in the upstream oil and gas market in a variety of categories. Each quarterly report builds out by project with analysis, insight, and five-year cost outlooks on crucial categories of project construction to enable strategic planning:
- Understand where, and on what the money is being spent
- Overview on spend under current economic conditions, and economic outlooks
- Which market segments and geographical areas show the most growth and provide the best opportunities for investment
- Projections that help you plan sales and revenues
- An detailed grounds up objective, third-party view to check against your forecasts
The IHS Upstream Spend Report quarterly updates support strategic planning decisions by providing timely adjustments for the ripple effects of market developments, such as project cancellations or postponements as a result of economic shifts or regulatory drivers.
- Is the only forward-looking, bottom-up study built by project, accessing hundreds of planned projects in IHS databases
- Delivers analysis that leverages the integrated capabilities of IHS CERA, building out global, regional, offshore, onshore, and category spend
- Provides quarterly updated reports based on IHS forecasts of project construction start dates and knowledge of construction schedules and major purchase points
- Builds cost and production outlooks from baseline common foundation assumptions of global economic performance (GDP trends), oil and gas demand, and prices
- Enables any oil and gas operator or service company to understand the market outlook along the value chain
- Is delivered quarterly, to keep abreast of industry and market events changing the project portfolio and pacing of project starts