IHS CERA Capital Cost Analysis Forum - Brazil
The many large deepwater discoveries of the past 10 years have transformed Brazil’s hydrocarbon industry outlook. Successful development of these highly complex and capital-intensive projects calls for an unprecedented effort that could potentially redefine the deepwater frontier.
The Brazil Capital Costs Analysis Forum is designed to provide upstream producers and suppliers with a comprehensive understanding of the potential and risks involved in investing in this new industry opportunity.
The Brazil Capital Costs Analysis Forum service reports on activity along the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) value chain, assesses the maximum achievable local content and projects the cost for different inputs under distinct scenarios and a specific set of assumptions. It also shows how this knowledge can provide a competitive advantage. By carefully monitoring market changes, explaining their drivers and projecting the implications under different scenarios, the Forum enables members to anticipate the cost and schedule of different development projects, plan for the impact of local content requirements and implement strategies for success.
Forum members receive
- A comprehensive source of information: The IHS CERA Brazil Capital Costs Forum Advisory Service tracks the performance of 10 key markets within Brazil and globally. It leverages the IHS Global Scenarios, in particular IHS CERA Energy Scenarios for Brazil, as a tool to project the impact of geopolitical events, changes in regulations and the local investment environment on oil and gas development costs. The service also tracks the performance of local contractors to draw key insights about the evolution of contractor participation in the context of local requirements.
- Easy access: Brazil Capital Costs Forum Advisory Service information and reports are accessed on ihscera.com.
- Timely updates: Service members meet twice a year to discuss findings and set the agenda for research and modeling. In addition, quarterly reports present in-depth analysis of current issues and strategies.
- User support: Rio-based IHS CERA professionals are available to answer questions concerning the methodology of the analysis and other specific Forum topics.
Who uses the service? How? Upstream producers and suppliers To benchmark internal project costs and project future costs, using scenarios out to 2030.
The Brazil Capital Costs Analysis Forum service enables members to
- Use in their strategic planning our overview and analysis of key markets (steel, engineering, project management, construction labor, bulk materials, fabrication, offshore and onshore rigs, subsea and installation vessels) and future trends over the next five years.
- Compare offshore capital cost index updates and analyze against trends in other global offshore provinces.
- Incorporate into project planning our analyses of achieved and achievable local content, with five-year projection.
- Schedule and follow up on development projects, including estimated costs and completion times.
Related Products and Services
Latin American Energy