IHS Product Stewardship Solution
IHS helps you ensure that your company’s products are sold, shipped and consumed in their intended markets.
The IHS Product Stewardship Solution™ supports compliance systems so you can maintain your ability to do business in current markets around the world and accelerate entry into new ones. We help you comply with today’s regulations and standards, as well as plan for and reduce risks due to pending rule changes. By centrally managing material and regulatory data, IHS also simplifies your workflows and lowers operating costs.
Whether an organization’s management systems are driven by a pragmatic approach to regulatory compliance or the opportunity to expand into new markets, the IHS Product Stewardship Solution provides the right capabilities to support your strategy. It helps you make decisions to gain future competitive advantage by providing your front-line teams with the information and tools they need to proactively plan for new product development (or phase out existing products) in anticipation of new regulatory constraints.
The IHS Product Stewardship Solution includes these capabilities:
- SDS Authoring: Automates authoring of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) in a multitude of languages and formats.
- Documentation and Labels: Facilitates creation of a variety of documents including hazard summary sheets, transportation documents, workplace safety cards and labels that are fully compliant with hazard communications standards, including the Globally Harmonized System of Labelling and Classification of Chemicals (GHS) and more.
- Product Compliance Analysis: Delivers key regulatory content that supports material compliance analysis, compliant product design and ongoing evaluation throughout development and product lifecycle.
- Chemical Management: Tracks chemicals throughout the product lifecycle in order to identify opportunities to reduce costs and optimize processes, while remaining in compliance with various regulations.
- Supply Chain Communications: Manages compliance communication challenges throughout your supply chain - including those mandated by REACH.
- Quality Risk Management: Unifies all facets of the organization across all phases of the quality lifecycle through critical characteristic management, process controls and recommendations management to allow lessons learned to be captured and applied in new development cycles.
Many of these capabilities are enhanced by IHS managed regulatory content from jurisdictions all around the world. It is always updated, reliable and ready at your fingertips – with multi-lingual references and a database of more than 300,000 chemicals.