Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) encompasses a variety of methods of assessing and evaluating potential hazards in a process industry, providing executives and management with information in order to make decisions to improve safety.
IHS risk assessment software, content and expertise helps remove the barriers of achieving continuous improvement and helps you execute a unified risk management strategy. We will help you develop a robust knowledge base, allowing for mitigations and controls that are both effective and preventative. Where there is uncertainty, risk assessments can be defined and linked, allowing full traceability from assessments to control plans to mitigation strategies and monitoring of controls. Essential steps in the risk lifecycle are unified on a single, global system with a closed-loop, continuous improvement process, ensuring adequate communication of data and lessons learned across departments, facilities and sites. IHS turns your PHAs from paperwork into the core background of your risk management efforts.
- Creates knowledge-driven PHAs that leverage consistent corporate terminology and lessons learned and link risk assessment studies
- Pre-formatted industry standard templates for: What If / Checklist, as well as Hazards and Operability (HAZOP); Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PrHA); Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA); and Safety Integrity Levels Assignment (SIL)
- Helps you complete vulnerability analyses end-to-end, resulting in a more responsive and efficient business process
- Advanced reporting and auditing tools provide improved visibility into process operations
- Links risk assessments with other business processes to ensure the capture of the critical knowledge that drives EHS&S initiatives, sustainable development planning, and full compliance with governing regulations and standards
- Ensures that historical knowledge is accessible and best practices and lessons learned are shared from one study to the next
IHS EHS&S Professional Services offer a proven track record of helping our clients successfully mitigate risks so they can achieve their business goals. IHS facilitates your PHA study in a three-step manner. We will first review the respective process safety information along with the scope and objectives of the project. This is followed by a series of onsite meetings where the facilitator guides the team to identify the hazards associated and assists them in analyzing these scenarios further. After the meetings, the facilitator provides a report that includes all the findings and recommendations of this study.
Our PHA Leadership training can help you become a leader in your organization and conduct better PHAs. Check out our Training Services for course description and upcoming dates.
With IHS software, content and expertise, you can make EHS&S operational risk assessments part of a unified strategy for Enterprise Sustainability Management, supported by a single world-class provider. Contact us to learn more.