Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA) improves quality, productivity and safety while providing a means for reviewing product and process designs and ensuring regulatory compliance. With knowledge-driven FMEAs that leverage corporate standards and lessons learned, an organization can manage critical characteristics across the quality lifecycle.
IHS risk assessment software, content and expertise remove barriers to continuous improvement and world-class execution in manufacturing quality planning. We will help you develop a robust knowledge base, allowing good design decisions that are, in effect, validated by prior quality planning efforts. Where there is uncertainty, tests can be defined and linked, allowing full traceability from requirements to design FMEA to design verification. When design or process changes are being implemented, they can be analyzed through design review by failure mode (DRBFM) and design review by test results (DRBTR) activities, with the results again being linked and traceable back to the design FMEA and other related quality planning documents. IHS turns your FMEAs from paperwork into the core background of your quality engineering efforts.
- Provides immediate visibility through dashboards and leading and lagging indicators of design and manufacturing quality performance
- Closed-loop continuous improvement process that captures and sustains product and process quality lessons learned and best practices
- Drives all quality planning documents from a knowledge base of standardized terminology, best practices and lessons learned
- Links design and manufacturing quality planning processes to ensure the capture of the critical knowledge that drives robust design, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) initiatives
- Links all steps in manufacturing quality planning, ensuring that changes in process flow diagrams, process FMEAs (pFMEA), Control Plans, Gage Plans and Inspection Plans are kept in sync
- Ensures that historical knowledge is accessible and best practices and lessons learned are shared from one study to the next
IHS EHS&S Professional Services offer a proven track record of helping our clients achieve success in reliability. We can provide the resources that you need to complement your existing project team or facilitate new studies. In addition, our FMEA Leadership training can help you become a leader in your organization. Check out our Training Services for course description and upcoming dates.
With IHS software, content and expertise, you can make EHS&S quality risk assessments part of a unified strategy for Enterprise Sustainability Management, supported by a single world-class provider. Contact us to learn more.