The What-If method is a less structured technique for conducting PHAs that relies on experienced team members and is often organized around sections of the P&ID. The Checklist method uses a set of pre-written questions developed by experts to stimulate discussion and evaluate the potential hazards posed by a process.
IHS risk assessment software, content and expertise helps to ensure that recommendations are not lost and can be traced through to completion. We will help to ensure that you develop a robust knowledge base, allowing for mitigations and controls that are both effective and preventative. Where there is uncertainty, risk assessments can be defined and linked, allowing full traceability from assessments to control plans to mitigation strategies and monitoring of controls. Essential steps in the risk lifecycle are unified on a single, global system with a closed-loop, continuous improvement process, ensuring adequate communication of data and lessons learned across departments, facilities and sites. IHS turns your What-If/Checklist from paperwork into the core background of your risk management efforts.
- Creates knowledge-driven What-If/Checklist studies that leverage consistent corporate terminology and lessons learned and link risk assessment studies
- Pre-formatted industry standard templates for: What If / Checklist, as well as Hazards and Operability (HAZOP); Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PrHA); Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA); and Safety Integrity Levels Assignment (SIL)
- Enables you to adapt to a variety of safety and reliability methodologies
- Customizable templates that meet your specific needs
- Helps you complete vulnerability analyses end-to-end, resulting in a more responsive and efficient business process
- Advanced reporting and auditing tools provide improved visibility into process operations
- Links risk assessments with other business processes to ensure the capture of the critical knowledge that drives EHS&S initiatives, sustainable development planning, and full compliance with governing regulations and standards
- Ensures that historical knowledge is accessible and best practices and lessons learned are shared from one study to the next
IHS EHS&S Professional Services offer a proven track record of helping our clients successfully mitigate risks so they can achieve their business goals. IHS facilitates your What If/Checklist study in a three-step manner. We will first review the respective process safety information along with the scope and objectives of the project. This is followed by a series of onsite meetings where the facilitator guides the team to identify the hazards associated and assists them in analyzing these scenarios further. After the meetings, the facilitator provides a report that includes all the findings and recommendations of this study.
With IHS software, content and expertise, you can make EHS&S operational risk assessments part of a unified strategy for Enterprise Sustainability Management, supported by a single world-class provider. Contact us to learn more.