Bow Tie Analysis
Bow Tie Analysis, a qualitative PHA, provides a visual representation of the causes of unintended events, likely outcomes, and measures in place to mitigate or control hazards. Due to its graphic nature, Bow Tie Analysis is easily understood by all levels of operations and management.
IHS risk assessment software, content and expertise remove barriers to continuous improvement so you can execute a unified strategy for operational risk management. We will help you develop a robust knowledge base, allowing for mitigations and controls that are both effective and preventative. Where there is uncertainty, risk assessments can be defined and linked – like Bow Tie Analysis and SIL – allowing full traceability from assessments to mitigation strategies and monitoring of controls. Essential steps in the risk lifecycle are enabled through a single, global system with a closed-loop process, ensuring adequate communication of data and lessons learned across departments, facilities and sites. IHS turns your Bow Tie Analysis into a dynamic, predictive tool to evaluate your most critical safety systems and prioritize safeguards.
- Ensures fast, accurate completion of studies with drag-and-drop graphics and intuitive user interface
- Meets your organization’s specific needs leveraging customizable templates and adapting to a variety of safety and reliability methodologies
- Helps you complete vulnerability analyses end-to-end, resulting in a more responsive and efficient business process
- Advanced reporting and auditing tools provide improved visibility into process operations
- Links risk assessments with other business processes to capture information that drives EHS&S initiatives, sustainable development planning, and compliance with regulations and standards
- Ensures that historical knowledge is accessible and best practices and lessons learned are shared from one study to the next
IHS EHS&S Professional Services offer a proven track record of helping our clients successfully mitigate risks so they can achieve their business goals. IHS facilitates your Bow Tie study in a three-step manner. We will first review the respective process safety information along with the scope and objectives of the project. This is followed by a series of onsite meetings where the facilitator guides the team to identify the hazards associated and assists them in analyzing these scenarios further. After the meetings, the facilitator provides a report that includes all the findings and recommendations of this study.
With IHS software, content and expertise, you can make EHS&S operational risk assessments part of a unified strategy for Enterprise Sustainability Management, supported by a single world-class provider. Contact us to learn more.