Water Usage and Discharge
Water management has emerged as a business imperative for today’s industry leaders. Develop forward-thinking operational strategy now to reduce your exposure to uncertainty around local and global water issues. IHS solutions offer clear visibility into water usage so you can improve your resource efficiency.
Whether your company's water compliance requirements are related to surface water discharge, groundwater remediation projects, drinking water sampling, or drawing water from local sources, IHS software, content and expertise help you improve your resource management so you can reduce your water footprint.
IHS tracks your permit requirements or voluntary guidelines, calculates pollutant quantity at each discharge point and compares the results to the regulatory limits, helping you to operate within permit limits, while streamlining compliance with key regulations across the globe, including:
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)- US
- National Pollution Release Inventory (NPRI)- Canada
- National Pollutant Inventory (NPI)- Australia
- European Pollutant Release and Transfer Register (E-PRTR)- EU
In addition, our flexible software framework lets you generate and submit reports tailored to meet specific compliance requirements for:
- Corporate sustainability performance reports
- Canadian NPRI compliance reports
- European Union PRTR and member-state-specific reports
- US federal and state discharge monitoring reports (DMRs)
- US NPDES permit management
Simplify water-related task tracking to ensure compliance with all applicable EHS regulations, voluntary stakeholder reporting and internal policies at a single facility or across your enterprise. IHS provides capabilities that enable you to quickly and easily:
- Perform what-if scenarios to measure the impact of process changes you may be considering
- Track discharge rates for metals, chemical compounds and variables, based on user-defined criteria
- Assure compliance with regional or country-based wastewater emissions standards
- Save time and decrease risk exposure by automating tracking and management of water-based emissions
- Automate data handling, calculation and reporting to reduce errors and increase efficiency
- Respond to potential out of compliance risks by providing automated email notifications based on pollutant discharge load or concentration when permit limits are approached or exceeded
With IHS software, content and expertise, you can make your water usage and discharge program part of a unified strategy for Enterprise Sustainability Management, supported by a single, world-class provider. Contact us to learn more.