Refrigerant Compliance Services
IHS offers turnkey support of refrigerant management compliance programs, in accordance with the US EPA Clean Air Act Title VI.
Our experts help you develop the necessary policies and procedures and plan specific training in the proper handling of your refrigerants, ensuring you can implement and maintain a zero defects compliance program.
- Complete Solution: IHS provides the leading IT solution for Refrigerant Management, tightly coupled with delivery services, for a complete solution.
- Real World Experience: Our experts offer facility operations experience, with a thorough understanding of compliance obligations including major refrigerant equipment manufacturing and HVAC/R service contracting. They have also been involved in numerous energy and modernization retrofits, CFC chiller conversions and refrigerant reclamation services.
- Real Time Connections: We stay on top of developments through our industry memberships including the Air Conditioning Contractors of Arizona (ACCA); American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE); the American Institute of Plant Engineers, American Energy Engineers (AEE); the Environmental Engineers and Managers Institute; the American Bakers Association (ABA); Air and Waste Management Association (AWMA); and National Registry of Environmental Professionals (NREP).
Specific services areas include:
On-Premise Compliance ServicesIHS Compliance Services enable you to "jump start" a new compliance program, improve an existing one, or re-establish and update out-of-date initiatives by providing:
- On-premise assessments to measure your current level of compliance
- Refrigerant Compliance Plan development and implementation services
- Compliance reviews for electronic database recordkeeping
- Tailored for all industries, facility types, and HVAC/R contractors
Refrigerant Compliance Plans (RCPs)IHS has helped 1000s of organizations develop succinct, useful written policies and procedures manuals, by providing:
- Proven starter templates to provide an efficient starting point for your customized plan
- Written work instructions and processes on all aspects of how refrigerants are to be handled by your employees and contractors
- Standardized operating procedures - documentation of your organization's "intent to comply" with EPA regulations and self-audit checklists
- Facility Owner and Contractor versions available
Training ServicesOur licensed instructors have trained and certified thousands of HVAC/R technicians, facility managers, and environmental professionals since 1994. Training is critical to ensure that all affected groups are made aware of their compliance responsibilities. Refrigerant Compliance Training services include:
- Regulatory refresher training for service technicians, managers, and environmental personnel
- Implementation training for Refrigerant Compliance Plans
- EPA Technician Certification training and testing
- Refrigerant compliance documentation and software training
- Guide your team during an EPA Section 114(a) request for information
- Provide behind-the-scenes, expert guidance to your legal counsel
- Assist in drafting and finalizing EPA enforcement response
- Expert testimony and cross-examination if required