IHS Environmental Performance Solution
What if you could reach beyond regulations to enable proactive decisions that enhance efficiency and competitiveness?
Organizations worldwide are struggling to comply with a proliferating patchwork of government environmental regulations, voluntary reporting protocols such as CDP and GRI, industry standards and corporate sustainability initiatives. At the same time, increasing compliance obligations and stakeholder reporting requirements are demanding a level of accuracy, comparability and traceability that is similar to standards for financial reporting. Investors are using these reports and the related non-financial metrics to make important investment decisions.
The IHS Environmental Performance Solution gives you the ability to manage all of these critical issues:
- Air Emissions: Delivers extensive and functionally rich capabilities to track, analyze and report any pollutant air emission. This enables the monitoring, optimization, and reporting of GHG and carbon footprint from the asset level up through the enterprise. IHS also helps organizations manage fugitive emissions and refrigerant compliance requirements.
- Hazardous Waste Management: Automates and streamlines the tracking of waste from generation to final disposal. This enables you to efficiently meet increased regulatory demands and transparently report your waste management operations.
- Water Usage and Discharge: Supports improved resource utilization and compliance requirements by gathering, storing, and organizing the data necessary in water management programs. This enables you to benchmark results to drive continuous improvement and report against compliance obligations.
- Chemical Inventory: Simplifies data collection and aggregation of chemical inventory to enable efficient accounting for hazardous materials in accordance with regulations and supports critical chemical inventory reporting requirements.
- Auditing: Manages internal and external audits to minimize disruptions on operations. This provides a central system of record for all environmental management requirements in support of compliance obligations, corporate policies, and certifications.
- Environmental Permits Management & Regulatory Applicability: Streamlines content and delivers a flexible framework to efficiently process permit applications as well as effectively monitor and manage compliance for regulatory requirements and environmental permits in any jurisdiction.
- Performance Metrics & Reporting: Provides an asset based- platform to analyze, benchmark and roll up environmental performance indicators and key operational metrics. This enables effective monitoring, managing and reporting of asset, site level, or enterprise data to support Operational Excellence goals.
- Compliance & Task Management: Ensures end-to-end environmental compliance and maintains your license to operate by automating tasks, procedures and documentation across facilities, teams and operations. It provides a platform to understand and effectively manage compliance costs as well as reduce risks.
- Process Data Management: Facilitates the acquisition and validation of asset-level data from process automation systems and meters. This drives efficiencies and provides a key mechanism to manage and consolidate asset data to support optimization goals and EHS compliance objectives.
- Regulatory Content: Provides access to published and monitored online regulatory text for the US, Canada and Mexico and integrates workflows to facilitate the assignment and tracking of tasks at the operational level in order to drive end-to-end compliance.
In addition IHS provides the industry’s most comprehensive EHS managed regulatory content to ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations around the world. Our experts maintain and monitor in-depth information about regulations such as the US Clean Air and Water Act, the European Pollutant Emission Register and Australia’s National Pollutant Inventory.
IHS Environmental Performance Solution can help you minimize operational disruption due to changing environmental regulations and maximize the opportunity to gain a competitive advantage.