Reference Linking Solutions
Connect your internal documents to external standards data with Reference Linking Solutions.
IHS Reference Linking Solutions connects your internal documents to external standards. Using customized hyperlinks, Reference Linking Solutions couples any document that supports hyperlink functionality to specific standards documents available within your IHS Standards Expert™ solution.
Direct access to external content
Reference Linking Solutions creates a secure and immediate connection to IHS Standards Expert, using a hyperlink that authenticates access to your IHS Standards Expert subscription based on your corporate IP Address Range(s). This gives anyone in your enterprise the freedom to access referenced standards within your subscription at any time.
You also have the option to link documents to either a specific version of a standard, specification and technical document or to the most current version available, ensuring your team is using consistent information. Given the vast amount of standards that IHS updates on an hourly basis, you can be assured that you are not referencing incorrect, out-of-date or withdrawn standards.
Any business application that supports hyperlinks works with Reference Linking Solutions:
- Document Management Systems (e.g. PLM, PDM, EMS)
- Design tools
Benefits of IHS Reference Linking Solutions technology:
- Assures that the appropriate specification or most current document is available to authorized users across the enterprise
- Offers global operational consistency by assuring that everyone is working from the same documents
- Accelerates information search & retrieval process, alerting users to any revision changes
- Allows for more effective administrative control & data recovery planning
- Demonstrates compliance to internal procedures or regulatory requirements