Published: May 1991
This study is a supplement to PEP Report 65, Polyacrylates. The report reviews the patents issued on the subject between 1971 and early 1989 and evaluates the technology and economics of the following processes:
- A continuous casting process for poly(meth)-acrylate sheets
- A continuous bulk polymerization process for molding and extrusion compounds
- A process for thermoforming poly(meth)acrylic sheet reinforced with fiber-reinforced plastic (FProcess Economics Program Report) for synthetic marble products
- Two suspension polymerization processes for molding and extrusion compounds
- Two emulsion polymerization processes for resin latexes
- Two solution polymerization processes for resin solutions.
The batch cell-casting process and the casting/molding processes for synthetic marble products are also reviewed in this report.