Process Economics Program
For 50 years, IHS Chemical Technical Services: Process Economics Program® (PEP) (formerly SRI Consulting Process Economic Program) has been providing in-depth, impartial evaluations of over 2000 commercial and emerging technologies for the chemical, polymer, refining and biotech industries. Let PEP help reduce the time and costs you incur to assess new technologies.
Since 1963, the Process Economics Program (PEP) has evaluated over 2000 process technologies used to make more than 600 chemical, polymer, refining and biotech products.
View the full list of reports and reviews:
Designed as a partnership with our clients, PEP addresses multi-client research needs with objective data and analyses. Clients vote on a list of suggested topics to ensure the research agenda reflects their interests.
Clients receive PEP results in three forms:
- IHS Chemical PEP Reports (formerly SRI Consulting PEP Reports): Thorough analysis of client-selected topics concerning innovative materials, processes, technologies and products
- IHS Chemical PEP Reviews (formerly SRI Consulting PEP Reviews): Critical examination of the latest developments, from process technologies to industry restructurings
- IHS Chemical PEP Yearbook (formerly SRI Consulting PEP Yearbook): World’s largest online process economics database, containing data on more than 1300 process technologies used to produce over 600 chemicals
- PEP subscribers receive free access to IHS Chemical Plant Construction Cost Indices.
IHS Chemical Process Economics Program enables you to:
- Save company time and resources by obtaining information from a single source, unrivaled in coverage, comprehensiveness and quality of data
- Rest assured that you are relying upon independent, unbiased analyses, drawing on our experience in process design, cost estimation and R&D planning
- Obtain data and analysis vital to strategic decision making
- Suggest research topics that align with your firm’s interests (regular clients only)
- Conduct comparative assessments and updates using scale factors and cost-escalation indices
- Access extensive databases and personal contacts within the global chemical industry
- Leverage the world’s largest online process economics database
- Use our inquiry service to find answers quickly to specific questions