Carbon Footprint Initiative
Prepare for a carbon-constrained world with IHS Chemical Carbon Footprint Initiative (formerly SRI Consulting Carbon Footprint Initiative). Clients may subscribe to our online emissions database covering nearly 360 chemical processes, as well as choose from our individual reports that offer deeper, product-specific analysis of emissions.
Today more than ever, engineers, technology managers and strategic planners need to know the level of greenhouse gas emissions of commercial and competitive technologies. Established in 2006, IHS Chemical Carbon Footprint Initiative is a service designed to help firms stay abreast of and comply with carbon emissions regulations. Based on the in-depth, independent technical and economic evaluations by the IHS Chemical Process Economics Program (PEP), the program provides a rigorous and systematic methodology for calculating and comparing carbon footprints of critical chemical processes. Coverage includes all of the primary petrochemicals and their process chains plus key bio-processes.
Clients may subscribe to the IHS Chemical Carbon Footprint Yearbook (formerly SRI Consulting Carbon Footprint Yearbook)– an online database containing carbon footprints for 359 chemical processes. A web-based calculation tool allows for customization by fuel type and geographic location. For products with appreciable by-products, multiple options exist for determining emissions output. The Yearbook includes one year of access to the online calculation tool.
Clients may also purchase the IHS Chemical Carbon Footprint Reports, which provide additional product-specific analysis of emissions, from polymers to biofuels. The reports also investigate regulatory matters, such as the potential tax disadvantages of Europe’s proposed biofuel certification requirements. For clients needing more customized analysis, IHS Chemical consultants can provide private research tailored to product, process, well-to-product and benchmarking considerations.
Whether you are comparing competing technologies, seeking to reduce current emissions or selecting a future project site, IHS Chemical Carbon Footprint Initiative is your best source of carbon emissions information.
Who uses Petroleum Frontiers? How?
To gain accurate and independent data and analysis to assess carbon emissions of competing process technologies
To compare emissions output of competitive chemical technologies
Global project managers
To procure carbon emissions data for different geographic regions to help select project sites
R&D and process engineers
To benchmark plant operating parameters against those of competing processes/To find options for reducing carbon emissions
The IHS Carbon Footprint Initiative enables you to:
- Save company time and resources by obtaining information from a single source that is unrivaled in coverage, comprehensiveness and quality of data
- Rest assured that you are relying upon independent, unbiased analyses, drawing on industry experts’ experience in process design and evaluation
- Obtain data and analysis derived from a consistent engineering methodology, which allows for comparative assessments among competing technologies
- Understand regulatory matters affecting the carbon footprint for your chemical of interest
- Access the largest online database of carbon emissions for the chemical industry, offering annually updated footprints for more than 300 process technologies
- Obtain private client services for analysis by product or process, well-to-product and benchmarking