Chemical Insight & Forecasting: IHS Chemical
IHS Chemical brings together the best of CMAI, SRI Consulting, Harriman Chemsult and Chemical Week to deliver the world’s most comprehensive chemical insight, information and analysis.
Our researchers and consultants gather and analyze critical data from around the globe on chemical markets, processes, companies and developments. The insights they provide allow clients to make optimal short-term decisions under conditions of rapid change and uncertainty, as well as assist in major long-term decisions on capital investments and business strategy. Our consultants use proven consulting techniques to develop solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges.
Chemicals touch nearly every industry and economic sector, from energy, oil and gas and agriculture to consumer and retail. IHS Chemical offers products, services and solutions that span the entire chemical industry value chain, covering more than 300 chemical markets and 2,000 chemical processes with a broad portfolio of world-class products, services and solutions.
The broad product suite of IHS Chemical covers hydrocarbon- and bio-based chemicals, as well as plastics and fibers. We employ over 200 world-renowned chemical experts, analysts and researchers. IHS Chemical is your best source for reliable, comprehensive content, research and analysis, providing insight and partnering with you to help provide guidance for your most critical decisions.
IHS Chemical offers data and insights through multiple solutions:
- News and analysis
- Company portfolio analysis and positioning
- Analysis of chemical technologies and process economics
- Near-term, product-specific market research and price discovery
- Value chain structure, value segmentation and bases of competition
- Long-term, product-specific market research and forecasts of supply/demand and prices
- Analysis of carbon footprints, petrochemical feedstocks and other sustainability topics
IHS Chemical delivers these solutions to clients via:
- Proven databases and applications
- World-class consulting techniques and analytics
- Conferences, workshops and events
- Subscription services and special reports
Who uses the service? How?
Producers and consumers of basic chemicals and intermediates (inorganic and organic)
To inform short-term purchasing and production planning, as well as long-term strategic investment decisions
Producers and consumers of commodity polymers and plastic converters
To monitor market conditions and make critical purchasing, planning and strategic decisions
Producers and consumers of specialty/performance chemicals and renewable chemicals
To understand complex and evolving market conditions, including applications and industry structure
Engineering, construction and technology firms, service providers
To understand competitive and emerging technologies and market trends
To evaluate chemical companies, technologies, investments or specific market segments
Public policy institutions
To understand the impact of geopolitical and economic policies on the global petrochemical industry
IHS Chemical enables you to:
- Leverage the world’s leading chemical experts to provide strategic insights
- Understand potential planning scenarios, associated risks and mitigation options
- Make thoughtful, informed investment decisions based on industry-leading information, insights and analytics
- Design effective business plans based on objective data and impartial expert analysis
- Find all the data and insights you need in a single source, with continuity and uniformity of data for easier analysis
- Obtain the industry’s only source for historical and forecast pricing on a global basis, with access to daily, weekly and/or monthly updated price and cost
- Find key market price information based on discussions between IHS industry experts and key market players
- Receive unrivaled regional coverage from our industry experts located around the globe
- Acquire supporting market analytics, such as supply and demand balances, capacity data, company information and pricing and cost data—all available for client downloads 24/7