Deintegration: Strategy or Tactic?
By Olivier Abadie , James Burkhard , David Hobbs, and Philippe Michelon
Vertical integration, the dominant strategic model for integrated oil and gas companies (IOCs), has been challenged over the past decade by a more attractive financial valuation of pure exploration and production companies. But can this premium last? And would demerging help IOCs improve their performances, especially in emerging markets?
Please note: Figure 2 was updated on 18 January 2013 to correct line labels....
- Investors’ Energy Weekly Market Briefing: 3 July 2013
- Keystone XL Pipeline: No material impact on US GHG emissions
- LPG Market Outlook – January 2013
- Natural Gas Weekly Storage Briefing: 3 September 2013
- North America NGL Supply and Demand Long-Term Outlook
- Another Round of Gas Price Reforms in China: How far did it go this time?
- Chemical Reaction: What happens to oil markets if and when the US strikes Syria
- CERAView Weekly: 30 August 2013
- China Coal Market First Quarter 2013: IHS CERA Market Briefing
- Global Steam Coal Outlook Executive Market Briefing—August 2013