Deintegration: Strategy or Tactic?
By Olivier Abadie , James Burkhard , David Hobbs, and Philippe Michelon
Vertical integration, the dominant strategic model for integrated oil and gas companies (IOCs), has been challenged over the past decade by a more attractive financial valuation of pure exploration and production companies. But can this premium last? And would demerging help IOCs improve their performances, especially in emerging markets?
Please note: Figure 2 was updated on 18 January 2013 to correct line labels....
- World LNG Report—2014 edition (International Gas Union)
- IEA Oil Market Report Commentary: September 2014
- Second Quarter 2014 Market Briefing: Asian Refining Margin to Recover on Tighter Global Market
- China Oil Demand—More bearish news for global markets?
- CERAView Weekly Market Briefing: 30 May 2014
- IHS Upstream Spend Report: Global upstream oil and gas industry spending (historical and outlook), third quarter 2013
- LPG Market Outlook – January 2013
- US Natural Gas Weekly Storage Briefing: 16 September 2014
- Trends in Global Exploration: What’s happening to conventional oil and gas discoveries?
- The Petroleum Coke Market Outlook to 2035