Deintegration: Strategy or Tactic?
By Olivier Abadie , James Burkhard , David Hobbs, and Philippe Michelon
Vertical integration, the dominant strategic model for integrated oil and gas companies (IOCs), has been challenged over the past decade by a more attractive financial valuation of pure exploration and production companies. But can this premium last? And would demerging help IOCs improve their performances, especially in emerging markets?
Please note: Figure 2 was updated on 18 January 2013 to correct line labels....
- World LNG Report—2014 edition (International Gas Union)
- CERAView Weekly Market Briefing: 30 May 2014
- Rivalry: The IHS planning scenarios
- Second Quarter 2014 Market Briefing: Asian Refining Margin to Recover on Tighter Global Market
- LPG Market Outlook – January 2013
- Global NGL Market Short-Term Outlook
- IHS Upstream Spend Report: Global upstream oil and gas industry spending (historical and outlook), third quarter 2013
- Mid-week Briefing and US DOE Statistics Dashboard
- US Natural Gas Weekly Storage Briefing: 21 October 2014
- Oil Gush Keeps Prices Low as Fear Is High