Deintegration: Strategy or Tactic?
By Olivier Abadie , James Burkhard , David Hobbs, and Philippe Michelon
Vertical integration, the dominant strategic model for integrated oil and gas companies (IOCs), has been challenged over the past decade by a more attractive financial valuation of pure exploration and production companies. But can this premium last? And would demerging help IOCs improve their performances, especially in emerging markets?
Please note: Figure 2 was updated on 18 January 2013 to correct line labels....
- The Energy View from 2030: Which scenario will it be?
- LPG Market Outlook – January 2013
- CERAView Weekly Market Briefing: 11 April 2014
- CERAView Weekly Market Briefing: 13 September 2013
- IHS Upstream Spend Report: Global upstream oil and gas industry spending (historical and outlook), third quarter 2013
- Taming the Libra Giant in Brazil: Challenges and opportunities
- IHS Energy Scenarios Signpost Update: First Quarter 2014
- Trends in Global Exploration: What’s happening to conventional oil and gas discoveries?
- Investors’ Energy Weekly Market Briefing: 13 September 2013
- Investors’ Energy Weekly Market Briefing: 21 March 2014