Deintegration: Strategy or Tactic?
By Olivier Abadie , James Burkhard , David Hobbs, and Philippe Michelon
Vertical integration, the dominant strategic model for integrated oil and gas companies (IOCs), has been challenged over the past decade by a more attractive financial valuation of pure exploration and production companies. But can this premium last? And would demerging help IOCs improve their performances, especially in emerging markets?
Please note: Figure 2 was updated on 18 January 2013 to correct line labels....
- World LNG Report—2014 edition (International Gas Union)
- Global Crude Oil Weekend Briefing: 17 October 2014
- Spoils of War: Who’s in charge of what oil resources in the conflict zones of northern Iraq and Syria
- IEA Oil Market Report Commentary: October 2014
- Second Quarter 2014 Market Briefing: Asian Refining Margin to Recover on Tighter Global Market
- LPG Market Outlook – January 2013
- EnergyView Weekly Market Briefing: 17 October 2014
- CERAView Weekly Market Briefing: 30 May 2014
- CERAView Weekly Market Briefing: 17 October 2014
- Little Short-Term Iraqi Oil Growth, but Outages Unlikely