Powertrain and Alternative Propulsion
IHS Automotive undertakes original research and analyzes currently available powertrains and future propulsion technologies. From weekly newsletters to model-level powertrain forecasts and in-depth market studies, our team of experts will keep you informed about this evolving industry.
Rapidly changing market trends, powerful technology innovations and intense competition make keeping up with the global powertrain market no small challenge. IHS Automotive Light Vehicle Engine and Transmission Forecasts provide the industry’s most comprehensive coverage of currently available and future powertrains.
Providing complete technical and geographic coverage, our Light Vehicle Engine and Transmission Forecasts are powerful tools for analyzing production by platform, model, plant and vehicle installation. Specifically, they include:
- Standard forecast over eight-year horizon (current plus seven)
- Ten years of historical data
- Written engine/transmission platform/program analysis
- Global coverage across more than 50 countries
- Model cycle plan start/end of production timing
- Over 40 engine and transmission technical attributes
- Monthly forecast updates
- Detailed forecasts of engine and transmission production
- Optional 12-year extension module available
IHS Automotive Light Vehicle Engine and Transmission Forecasts are available separately or together and can also be combined with our Alternative Propulsion Forecast, Driveline Module, or Component Supply Forecasts to enable seamless analysis across all powertrain systems. A 12-Year Extension Module is also available.
IHS Automotive Light Vehicle Engine and Transmission Forecasts are updated monthly. Data are delivered in quarterly buckets. For greater detail beyond the vehicle-level, add on the Driveline Module.