IHS Fairplay Vessel Movement Service
IHS Fairplay Vessel Movement Service (VMS) provides Comprehensive market intelligence for Energy Traders on the positions and movements of vessels carrying cargoes of oil products, coal and LNG, leading to better fundamental analysis and more profitable trading.
Vessel Movement Service (VMS) provides real-time data on the positions and movements of vessels carrying cargoes of oil products, coal and LNG, leading to better fundamental analysis and more profitable trading.
VMS combines the largest network of land-based AIS receivers with satellite surveillance of mid-ocean vessel positions, bringing you a unique comprehensive global picture.
It also provides ship characteristics, casualty and detention reports, and charter activity, for evaluating vessel selection and commercial terms.
For those who like to dive deeper, Vessel Movement Service provides real-time data on the live positions and historical movements of vessels carrying hydrocarbon cargoes.
Large teams of analysts gather and verify an unmatched amount of ship and port data from around the world so you can transform it into actionable Market Intelligence.
Up to 600 ship characteristics are available, including owner and operator, as well as extensive port, terminal and berth information.
Previous port callings, next destination and estimated arrival times show global energy movement over the waves, and detention reports and charter activity help you evaluate ship choice and commercial terms.
5 years of historical movement information is available to assist with deep market trend analysis.
If you already have front office tools and want raw data in a format and a frequency of your choice, choose Vessel Movement Service.
VMS enables you to:
- Aggregate the flow of imports into any port, region or country
- Calculate changes in floating storage volumes to better validate forward price curves
- Visualize and quantify disruptions at port facilities caused by everything from geopolitical unrest to inclement weather
- Optimize vessel voyage economics with vessel characteristics and charter activity
- Assess the nearby spare capacity of vessels
- Discover recent port callings, next destination and ETA of hydrocarbon tankers and carriers