European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
CEN standards for the EU, pertaining to industries from construction to telecommunications.
European Committee for Standardization (CEN) creates a majority of the European standards (EN) and technical specifications. The European Union sanctions the CEN as the only organization for the planning, drafting and adoption of European standards in all areas of economic activity with the exception of electro-technology (CENELEC) and telecommunication (ETSI).
28 European countries and three countries of the European Free Trade association comprise CEN's national members who work together to develop voluntary EN's. Each member country has adopted CEN standards as its national standards, creating commonality throughout the EU.
The CEN Collection contains standards such as:
- Administration/test and measurement
- Construction and civil engineering
- Electrical and mechanical engineering
- Transportation, aerospace
- Process and manufacturing Telecommunications
- Attract and assure customers
- Demonstrate market leadership
- Create competitive advantage
- Develop and maintain best practices
- Comply with European legislation