Canadian Oil Sands Analytics
Using an integrated approach, IHS CERA has developed a new service to address the upstream, downstream, pipeline, and environmental and regulatory issues that have an impact on the Canadian oil sands.
Canadian Oil Sands Analytics (COSA) is an online repository of up-to-date production information and detailed supply, demand, and pricing outlooks. In addition to the datasets, IHS CERA provides supporting analytical reports of the key issues affecting the Canadian oil sands to help decision-makers assess the economic viability of new and existing oil sands projects. Canadian Oil Sands Analytics (COSA) offers critical insight to support your oil sands strategy.
Oil Sands operators have spent an average of $14 billion per year over the last four years in Alberta. Yet while spending continues to increase, there is no comprehensive source for Canadian oil sands economic outlook data—a profound knowledge gap that COSA will eliminate—and which will decrease the risk when undertaking these massive investments. COSA offers access to a unique combination of datasets—an oil sands project database, production, price, capital cost, and labor outlooks, and provides projections and regular updates on the many issues that could affect oil sands investments, including project and policy changes that influence outlooks. COSA clients not only benefit from an unmatched level of oil sands economic coverage, but can also rely on the IHS CERA proven track record in the oil sands sector via the Oil Sands Dialogue, as well as our global expertise in oil markets, capital costs, macroeconomics, and natural gas markets. Whether you represent an operator, a government body, an equipment supplier, or an investor, COSA evaluates risks and rewards, and informs strategic decision-making.
Who uses the service? Why?
All participants along the Canadian oil sands value chain who are currently invested or looking to invest in the Canadian oil sands, including:
- Oil sands producers
- NOCs or Independents looking to invest in oil sands
- Financial institutions
- Service providers
- To create winning business models around oil sands investment strategies
- To validate internal forecasts with independent 3rd party expertise
- To determine which projects to finance
- To access supply, demand, labor, and cost projections to create your business plan
- To assess policy changes and their potential impacts
- Regular alerts on project and policy announcements as they impact our client base
- Periodic webinars from CERA experts
Ease of Use
- Client access to IHS COSA via IHSCERA.com
- Quick Search, search by Region/Country and specific topics
For more information,
+1 800 447-2273
Europe, Middle East & Africa
+44 (0) 1344 328 300
+44 (0) 1344 328 300