Wells Dataset (International)
IHS Wells Dataset brings you the largest data set available on exploration, appraisal and development wells. You gain access to detailed, comprehensive information on more than 680,000 international wells. Using the latest EPSG transformation versions, the IHS Wells dataset delivers well location data in WGS84 format.
The Wells Dataset is a component of our International Exploration and Production (E&P) Database. Our Wells Dataset is used by explorers and industry analysts to research, appraise and develop well locations, worldwide. Our team of dedicated researchers identifies the correct projection system and coordinate datum for each well, so you receive the best available well location information on more than 680,000 wells, worldwide.
Reliable Well Location Data
- Access information on over 230 projection systems and 930 different datum shifts. With the latest EPSG version transformations location data is provided in WGS84 format.
- View a spatial layer with the original well datum and a WGS84 layer, allowing you to select the type of coordinate projection that best fits your purpose.
In addition to basic well information, such as operators and drilling partners, spud and completion dates, and types of wells, our Wells Dataset provides up-to-date details on:
- Drilling history, including drilled depths versus time, casing points and drilling problems, such as stuck pipe or sidetracks with kick-off depths
- Objective formation(s) and lithology
- Total depth and TVD with bottom-hole formation and lithology
- Formation tops with geological age and lithology
- Tested intervals with geological formation and lithology, choke sizes, flow rates, and pressures
- Images of relevant logged sections, such as views of the composite log over a tested interval
Europe & Middle East
+44 (0) 1344 328 155
China & Taiwan:
+86 10 65052966
813 5791 9661
All other countries:
+65 6576 5334
+1 888 738-7265 opt 1
+1 918 971-7071 opt 1
For answers to your
questions or for