Raster Logs (US)
IHS Raster Logs is an affordable portal into over 2.5 million raster logs for any region in the US, including the unconventional resource plays. Your geologists can gain unlimited access to PC-ready raster logs - for pennies or fractions of pennies on the dollar.
Raster Logs contains scanned, indexed, and depth-registered logs for immediate use. Raster logs are indexed to IHS well header data and are available as an annual subscription, facilitating your annual log budgeting.
Raster Logs have been enhanced through the process of depth registration. This process involves scaling the vertical axis of the log while maintaining the familiar appearance of a paper log. Every row of pixels, therefore, is calibrated with depth. This allows you to manipulate well logs onscreen with speed and flexibility, and use them in PC-based analysis in ways similar to digital log equivalents, but at a fraction of the cost.
Subscribe to our Raster Logs and get on-demand access to raster images, all depth-registered and indexed for easy import into geoscience applications such as PETRA®. Logs may also be printed using free IHS eLog software if interpretation software is not being used.
Customers with both PETRA and an IHS Raster Log Subscription, can use the free PETRA Direct Connect to pull logs directly into PETRA, dramatically reducing the amount of time spent on downloading logs and updating projects.
The log sample is a 1" per 100' section from a High Definition Induction Log - Compensated Z-Density - Compensated Neutron Log - Digital Acoustilog - Gamma Ray service on a South Texas well that was run over 1530' to 6980'. Depth registration files included in the sample are formatted to load into PETRA (LIC), GeoGraphix (DRA) and an IHS XML format (XML).
Who uses Raster Logs? How?
For all tasks from rank exploration to tertiary recovery.
Scanned, indexed and depth-registered logs for immediate release, here are just some of the benefits of using Raster Logs:
- Access logs that are all indexed to IHS well header data
- Build maps and cross-sections faster
- Use depth-registered logs in interpretation software
- Gain instant access as logs are available on-line 24/7 for immediate delivery
- Obtain a comprehensive raster log library in your area of interest and reduce the cost of maintaining a paper log or microfiche log library
- Conduct searches through IHS Enerdeq® or on IHS Well CDs - then link to www.IHSLogNet.com - search results are automatically populated in www.IHSLogNet.com.
- Eliminate the interrupted workflow caused having to purchase logs as needed
- PETRA users with an IHS Raster Log subscriptions can use Direct Connect to seamlessly download logs into PETRA projects. Direct Connect provides a major workflow advantage by reducing the time and effort required to populate projects
Europe & Middle East
+44 (0) 1344 328 155
China & Taiwan:
+86 10 65052966
813 5791 9661
All other countries:
+65 6576 5334
+1 888 738-7265 opt 1
+1 918 971-7071 opt 1
For answers to your
questions or for